23

JANE'S POV

I sent off Grey with a heavy no broken heart. I know for a fact that once he arrives in US soil he'll report straight to their HQ to be briefed on a rescue mission. How? The call I received that day at the same time Grey was a call from my CO asking me to report to work for the US NAVY SEAL has asked Philippine Army' Special Force for help that their Elite Team's CO specifically requested me and ordered Castro to report in VA.

Yeah Castro accepted the JO and is to supposedly return exactly 2 weeks from now but his vacation too was cut short.

I don't know the exact detail yet of that rescue mission but from what I was told we'll be on standby.

"The SEAL's A1 team failed and the US Navy asked for our assistance – a joint operation." General Quintana briefed us – Castro and I. my heart's started beating erratically and im fidgeting in my seat with that information for I know that A1 is Grey's team including our instructors but I was somehow relieved that Grey wasn't with them but my gut isn't totally agreeing for if I know Grey that well he will definitely go with B1 to retrieve his friends. God please keep my husband safe.

"Sir, who –" Grey paused when he saw us enter the conference room we salute the Admiral and were motioned to take a seat then the Admiral spoke "Mallard and McGee were believed to be captured while Reavis is still in a coma." I suppressed a gasp

"since everyone's here, Bravo1 and 1st batch you will be dispatched to retrieve our men and Captain Grey will be your Team Leader. Captains Mallard and McGee are believed to be captives, you will get them home. Captain Grey will brief you about the whole mission." Admiral Gibbs but Grey followed him

Grey briefed us and left HQ the very minute he's done briefing us. As expected the location will be heavily guarded. US troops dispatched in the area assisted us. Im the overwatch though I want to be on the ground so I can watch Grey's six cause I know we're stronger together but I also know that I can protect most of them if I'll fly for I can cover a wider perimeter. Once the coast was cleared, they managed to get to Mallard and Max but on their way out the goons were back.

I joined the party when I saw Max, Castro, West and Fuller didn't make it to the bird for they were ambushed on their way there. Max looked like he's going to faint, so I put him down to rest while I help Grey eliminate these bastards at last the bird came.

Grey was within reach when the bird took off but then I heard an all too familiar hiss in the air – a sniper riffle – next thing I knew Grey's leaning backwards and slowly – its as if its inn slow motion but I know it isn't – falling, I tried to grab him but couldn't Im in the position of jumping off the bird when I was grabbed in the waist by Castro and Brass pulled me back to the halo.

I keep screaming my lungs out as I call Grey and tears kept welling my eyes then I saw Grey shook his head and I froze then he smiled. I felt imbecile and was functioning on auto pilot the next few hours. I only had minor injuries like a couple of bruises but that's it – however I just died inside. I sat next to Max's unconscious body in a hospital bed just staring at him, wondering if he was aware of what happened to Grey.

With Grey gone, it'll never be the same again. I don't know how will I be able to survive but I know I will and I must for I am first a soldier before a wife. Fuck this life!!!!!

I was about to leave when I heard Max "Jane?" then it all went black

he\Ք