The boy from the swings

.:Phil:.

I remember that day perfectly. The warm spring breeze, the fresh green grass in my toes. The jokes and laughter with my brother and the almost empty wooden playground.

I remember seeing a small figure in the swings, his brown hair over his face and his warm chestnut eyes that looked full with pools with sadness. I remember him swinging alone, looking like he was holding back sobs, like he needed comfort. At first I tried to ignore him, even though I remember wanting to give him just that.
I remember asking my brother: "Can I play with the boy from the swings? "
I remember him saying: "If you want to, go ahead.Still, you're almost a teenager, so why bother asking your brother?" Martin chuckled.

"Because you are the one I'm playing with, I don't want to leave just like that." I said, rolling my eyes at my older brother, and earning a ruffle on my hair.

I remember quietly walking towards the lonely boy, my goal being to comfort the boy and maybe even make a new friend.
"Hello, can I seat here?"
"Yeah." The boy said, not looking up. " why would you want to, though?" The boy suddenly asked, giving me a saddened smile and looking to apparently nowhere again.

"You look lonely, I just wanted to talk to someone and my brother is an idiot."I said, looking at the boy who still wouldn't look at me directly. There was a silence, and I tried and break it.

"Don't you have any friends or parents?" I asked, trying to give him the most sympathetic smile I could manage to be able to give.
I looked at the boy, he looked like he wasn't really comfortable or used to confessing like that, or wasn't sure on what to say, since he opened and closed his mouth about three times without saying anything.
"I-" he stopped. "I do have parents"
"Where are them then?" I smiled. "They must be lovely people"
"I-uh, yeah. They're back at home taking care of my younger brother." He said, his frown turning into a more blank expression. At least he wasn't sad anymore.
"What about your friends?" I asked, actually curious.
"They are all back at the south." He sighed. "I miss them, but my family will be better here, I guess." He shrugged and looked back at me with a half-hearted smile.
"Can I be your friend then? You look way more interesting that the losers here, you know. All the girls are cool but they have stupid crushes on me, so why bother?" I said, earning a chuckle from the boy.

"I really don't think so, but I do want to have friends, so yeah, I'd love to befriend you". He smiled back at me, and that made me happy. He then continued. "Crushes on you? That seems a bit farfetched to me, though."

"Hey!" I said, slapping his arm friendly. "I am stunning and you know it."

He didn't look back at me this time, and his frown managed to crawl into his face once again.

"Why are you so sad, though?, you look way longer than me and you're sulking on a swing instead o running around like an idiot like a normal kid."
"I don't know, school, friends family issues I guess? I'm not usually, but you make me feel happier." He said, looking at me and giving me a sad smile, his eyes glossy. I felt like he needed comfort, so I just stood up and hugged him. It was a soft hug at the beggining, but he then held tight onto me, turning it into a bear hug. We pulled apart and even though he looked flustered he looked happy, his eyes with a hint of happiness they didn't have before.
"You are weird, that wasn't called for at all, and kids my age don't go around hugging each other, and I don't think kids you're age do that either." He said raising an eyebrow curiously at me.
"Oh shut up, you know you needed it. I'm Phil, by the way."
"You're right, My name is Dan."
~~~
a/n
That's it for the prologue! Hope you enjoyed it! (:
This will be a chaptered story and I plan it on being pretty long, so I hope I am able to update it at least once a week. I will also publish the 1st chapter asap, and it will continue to follow DnP from their younger years to the last, so yeah, a long story.
Anyways! Thanks for reading and hope y'all enjoy this story (:
Bye! <3