Chapter 8

(Jems pov)

I heard knocking on the door and knew it was Pat. I opened the door and Pat walked in placing a kiss on my forehead. "What's wrong babe?" he asked. How was I going to do this?! "I just missed you and wanted to see you," I blurted out. I couldn't tear the two best friends apart. "aw jem," he said as he pulled me into his chest which caused me to smile. "do you want to do something?" I asked him. "Want to watch a movie?" he said. I nodded and put in one of my favorite movies then went and got junk food. "no eating to much of this Patty don't want you to lose your figure," I told him shaking my finger at him scoldingly. He laughed and then pulled me down onto his lap as I clicked play on the movie. "The mighty ducks really?" he said. "yes really! I love this movie!" I told him. He laughed again and then wrapped his arms around me as we laid on the couch. I paused the movie half way through cause I had to pee so bad. I jumped up and sprinted to the bathroom. After I took care of my business I walked back into the living room to see Patrick laying there. I walked over and sat down and he laid his head in my lap. I pushed play on the movie and ran my fingers through pats hair. As I played with pats hair I could seem him start to fall asleep. I kissed his nose and his eyes fluttered open. He then rolled over and buried his head in my stomach which caused me to chuckle. "patty," I whispered and played with his hair. "what," he mumbled into my stomach. "Do you want to take a nap?" I asked him leaning down and kissing temple. He looked at me with his innocent face and then nodded yes. I rubbed his back," then stand up babe. you can sleep in my bed," I told him. Half asleep he stood up and I then did interlocking our fingers and leading him to my room. I walked in with him in tow. He took off his shoes and got in bed. "lay with me," he said getting comfortable. I climbed in bed and turned the tv on. He cuddled up with me as I played with his hair. He had his and around my waist and then we had our legs wrapped with he each other. I kissed Patrick on the nose as he fell asleep. As he was asleep he started mumbling incoherently in his sleep. I chuckled and then saw tears start to slip down his cheeks. He must be having a bad dream I thought. I looked at the clock on my tv and saw he was asleep for an hour. I wiped the tears from his cheek. "pat," I whispered rubbing his arm comfortingly. His eyes fluttered open he then looked around. He started to cry... why I wasn't sure. I pulled him into my chest as he cried and rubbed his back. "shhh," I told him. "its okay Patrick. you're okay baby," I told him still rubbing his back. I pulled back and looked at his tear stained face. I whipped the tears from his eyes. "what's wrong babe?" I asked looking into his still glassy eyes. "I had a bad dream and it was so real. I was afraid it was true and you were hurt," he said tears slipping down his face. "its okay babe. I'm alright see," I told him kissing his nose. I whipped the tears from his cheeks and snuggled closer to him. We still faced each other. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. I pulled away after kissing back. "try going to sleep again pat. it's ok I'll be here when you wake up," I told him. He nodded and I turned on my side and he pulled me close to him. our legs were wrapped in each others and his arms were wrapped around hips and one held my hand. my back was pressed against his chest and I could feel his warm breath on my neck. As strange as it seems I was really comfortable and easily fell asleep.