Told You So - David Pastrnak

Player: David Pastrnak – Boston Bruins

Mentions: Marchand

Warnings: One curse word, but besides that pure fluff.

Preview: You both knew fully well that you couldn't skate. David held all the skills in that department. You told him over and over again in the car that this was a horrible idea. You were bound to get hurt but he didn't listen.

Characters:. 699 words.

You wanted so badly to say I told you so but you decided to bit your tongue

You wanted so badly to say I told you so but you decided to bit your tongue. You were quite upset and didn't want to say something you regretted. David had dragged you to morning skate against your every protest.

You both knew fully well that you couldn't skate. David held all the skills in that department. You told him over and over again in the car that this was a horrible idea. You were bound to get hurt but he didn't listen.

He assured you that everything would be okay as he laced up your skates but you had your doubts. The minute you hit the ice you felt unsteady. You must have looked like a mess, following the railing and flailing every few seconds. Your boyfriend found it hilarious and that wasn't helping the situation.

He and Marchand were making slick comments as they skated so easily next to you. This just made your blood boil even more but you were too concentrated on skating to reprimand your boyfriend.

You continued skating along the railing as the guys messed around up and down the ice.

And that's when it happened. You weren't paying attention, thinking you might have been getting better but you were wrong. Marchand flew by you and you lost your footing. David couldn't get to you fast enough. You hit the ice hard and fell into the boards.

After getting over the initial embarrassment of busting your ass in front of an entire NHL team, David helped you off the ice and into the locker room. Where you proceeded to give him the silent treatment.

So here you were, sitting in silence as the car carried on towards the apartment.

Once you reached home, you quickly got out of the car. You whined as you put pressure on your left leg. You ignored it and headed towards the elevator.

You stood next to your guilty looking boyfriend.

"You're cute when you're angry."

You huffed and walked out of the elevator unlocking the door to your shared apartment.

You walked into your bedroom and went straight in the closet.

You whimpered as you pulled off your leggings, revealing the bruises on both of your knees and the huge purple and black one forming on your left thigh.

You heard a gasp that wasn't your own.

"Babe, I didn't know it was that bad." David rushed to your side and began examining your legs.

"We need to ice these immediately." He scooped you up swiftly.

"What are you doing? I am still mad at you!"

He placed you gently on the bed. Leaving the room, quickly returning with a frozen bag of peas in one hand and a frozen bag of carrots in the other. He tried his hardest to be gentle with you. He once again left the room once more, this time returning with a glass of water, some ibuprofen and a pint of ice cream. You were still pouting when he returned.

He sat next to you and handed you the pill and glass. You took it quickly and turned back to the TV.

"How are we supposed to eat ice cream without spoons genius." You quipped quickly breaking your silence streak.

He quickly pulled out two spoons from his pocket with a smile. You rolled your eyes and snatched the spoon from his grasp. You reached your spoon to get some ice cream but he pulled it from your reach.

"You have to forgive me first" He states with a smile.

"You're pushing it noodles."

"I'm sorry and I should have listened to you about skating."

You smiled at him starting to accept his apology.

"But we wouldn't be in the situation if I didn't have such an injury prone girlfriend."

"You're teasing me again..." You huff.

"I am just messing with you my love." He chuckled pulling you into him.

You use the opportunity to steal a spoonful of ice cream. "Hey!"

"I'm the injured one here!" You defended.

"I love you my injured little sweetheart."

"I love you too my mean little noodle"