Melissa gets injured

Thanks Aliqueen16 for suggesting this one shot!

Scott watched as the ambulance drove towards the nearest hospital, tears running down his face and overwhelmed that he had protected everyone except her. He watched her get mauled by another pack through a screen, he screamed her name since he had been restrained and she didn't even know he was there. All because he wasn't gonna join their pack.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket, immediately calling his top contact, and pressed it to his ear, his hands shaking as he heard the familiar voice answer.

"You know I'm grounded, Scott, so no, I can't come over. My dad is gonna be mad that I stole my phone anyway."

"Stiles...my m-Mom got in-injured." Scott rattled off, tears welling in his eyes as he heard Stiles shoot up, and a chair clattering to the ground.

"I'll tell my dad. It might take a bit to get to...where are you again?"

"About a hour from b-Beacon Hills at the c-campsite. S-Stiles, I need you and your dad to pick me up. I can-cannot drive."

"Alright. We'll come get you. It's gonna be OK, Scott. I promise." Stiles told him before hanging up as Scott put the phone up, curling into a ball and letting the tears stream down his face as his body shook with convulsive sobs, praying that if there was a God, that Stiles was right and his mom would be OK.

After who knows how long, he felt a warm, assuring hand on his shoulder, and looked up to see Sheriff Stilinski.

"Let's go, kiddo."

Scott stood up shaking, wrapping his arms around Sheriff Stilinski, as he sobbed harder then he had while hyperventilating in his shoulder before finally calming down enough to get in the cop car, where Stiles was in the back.

"So you see why it was a good idea for me to sneak my phone from you?"

"No, you're still in trouble." The sheriff commented as he pulled out of the campsite, making Stiles groan.

"Dad!"

Scott couldn't help to chuckle slightly at the exchange, despite the fact that he couldn't keep tears from running down his face.

They pulled up to the hospital about twenty minutes later, Stiles making sure to stay beside Scott the whole time in case something happened to Melissa, who had practically raised him since Claudia died. He couldn't see his friend go through that pain, let alone go through it again, but if he had to, he would stick by him, no matter what.

Flashback...

"Stiles, I'm gonna go grab my phone out of the car and I'm gonna be right back, OK? Stay with Mommy." Noah told his nine year old son as he ruffled his hair before leaving the room.

Stiles walked up to the hospital bed, standing beside his mom, who was slightly awake, but breathing deeply.

He had heard his Dad and Melissa saying she wasn't gonna live much longer, maybe not even for another hour, but he refused to believe that.

"Mommy, you're gonna get better, right? You have to get better. I want you to be there when Lydia and I get married."

Claudia reached for her son's hand, lightly grasping it as he squeezed gently.

"Stiles, I'll always be here, in your heart, and in your head, as long as you never forget me."

Her voice was so quiet, and so weak, Stiles had to strain his ears to hear her as tears welled up in his eyes.

"I won't, Mommy. I promise."

Claudia smiled, grasping his hand one more time before letting out a deep breath and her body relaxed before a shrill beeping filled the room.

Immediately the room was filled with doctors and nurses yelling stuff like "get the kid out!" And "charging to 100 volts, clear!"

Melissa picked him up, her own tears running down her cheeks as she sat him down on one of the waiting room chairs beside Scott, before going back into Claudia's room.

"Wanna play with my trucks?" Scott asked while pushing a car over the chair in the waiting room into the floor, which Stiles shook his head as he curled up, placing his head in his hands, and started crying.

"What's wrong? Did I make you cry?"

Stiles just shook his head again as Noah came back, immediately knowing what had happened as he picked up Stiles, Noah not even being able to cry with all the sadness filling him immediately, before sitting back down just as the main doctor of Claudia's treatment came out.

"I'm sorry. Claudia is gone."

Scott's eyes widened as he hugged Noah's leg, tears running down his face since Claudia had become like a second mother to him and while he knew his heart hurt, he couldn't imagine what Stiles was feeling.

End of flashback...

"Family of Melissa McCall?" The doctor asked as Scott immediately stood up, along with Sheriff Stilinski.

"I'm a family friend of Melissa's, and this is her son. How is she?" Noah asked.

"She's gonna be fine. You can see her if you want. Room 253." The doctor smiled as Scott broke out into a relieved grin.

The teen thanked the doctor before Noah and Scott headed towards Melissa's room, Stiles having to run to catch up.

Scott came in the room, opening the doorknob slightly to see Melissa gesturing him over, and immediately sat down beside his mom, grasping her hand gently.

"Hey Scott." She smiled slightly at her son, her eyes very small as she looked at him.

"Hey Mom. Do you remember what happened?" He asked gently, half hoping she did, but also hoping she didn't so he wasn't exposed.

"Yeah, a bunch of wolves attacked me on our camping trip. I'm OK though, Scott. I promise.

Scott smiled as he hugged her gently and after she said hi to Noah and Stiles, she fell asleep, still holding Scott's hand.

"We'll see you tomorrow, Scott." Noah smiled as he patted Scott's shoulder, leaving the room as Scott hugged Stiles with one arm.

"Thank you for getting me, and thanks for sneaking your phone."

"Anytime." Stiles broke into a grin as he left the room, turning off the overhead, but leaving the lamp on, as he quietly shut the door as the teen and his father walked out of the hospital and got in the cop car, ready to go find a hotel to stay at until Melissa was released.

"You know you are still grounded." Noah told his son, making him groan loudly.

"Dad!"