Prologue

Perched on the rooftop, I saw him. Black suit, red tie, and briefcase in hand; looking like he was in a bit of a rush. He peeked over his shoulder, looked around, and wiped the bead of sweat from his brow. I lightly laughed as I could see his nervousness from here and it brought me a sense of enjoyment that he had no idea what was coming. As he made his way through the crowd of people, he was at the crosswalk, waiting to cross the street. I took a deep breath, let the cool breeze hit my skin, and made sure my view through the scope was clear. I gently pulled back the trigger and watched him fall back, dead, as the bullet entered his skull. Those around him scattered and screamed as I packed up my gun and quickly yet calmly rose from my spot. I unzipped my black jumpsuit, throwing it in my bag and opening the rooftop entrance door. I made my way down the stairs while also throwing on a crop top, sweatpants, and sneakers. By the time I'd reached the entrance to the parking garage, I was completely dressed and my hair was out of its messy bun. I got in my 2020 Audi A8, throwing my bag in the trunk and driving off. I pressed my contact list on the screen of my car and pressed the "Unknown" contact name.

Unknown- Name?
??- Killshot
Unknown- Status?
??- Confirmed
Unknown- Payment wired

I hung up with a satisfied smile and continued my drive. I made my way to headquarters and drove into the parking garage, parking my car. I got out my car and grabbed my bag, locking it and making my way to the elevator. My name is Sade Jones and I am a professional killer. I work for a secret network of assassins that took me in at the age of 17 and I've been part of them for 5 years. I've created a wonderful life for myself and I definitely can't complain. I made my way to the lobby level and walked up to one of our receptionists, Sharice. She smiled wide at me, saying......

SH- Hey Sade

I gave her a slight look and she immediately cleared her throat, saying......

SH- Oh, sorry, I mean.....Killshot. Um, Breakout is waiting for you in the basement

I nodded my head and made my way into the other elevator and headed to the basement. As soon as the doors opened I saw Raheem AKA Breakout hitting a punching bag. He looked over at me with a smirk and I rolled my eyes, walking over and dropping my bag in the corner. As I was turning to face him, a small dagger zoomed passed my face and hit the target behind me. I looked at Raheem with a raised eyebrow and he winked at me.

R- That's for being late. Where were you?

I took the knife out the wall and held it in my hand, walking towards him. I said......

S- If you must know, I got a call about an assignment this morning. It was a small window and I had to jet downtown to set up in time
R- Who was the target?
S- Samuel Collins
R- The crooked accountant that's been in hiding? He's been on the run from like 5 or 6 different organizations including a couple crime families ever since the FBI turned him into a witness
S- Yup, got a tip that he was trying to collect the last of his files as evidence to hand over to the FBI later today. So, I made my way downtown and caught him at the crosswalk; bullet right between the eyes. He never saw it coming.
R- Well good for you; he was a heavy payout
S- Very true

I, suddenly, swift kicked Raheem into the wall and held the knife to his throat. I smirked at him as he stared deep in my eyes. He grabbed the hand I was holding the knife with and picked me up, slamming me onto the mat. He had my arms pinned above my head and he was between my legs. He scanned over me and bit his lip before saying......

R- Now let's get down to business before you get hurt

I flipped us over and straddled him.

S- Yeah, I'm the one who's gonna get hurt.

We laughed at each other and got up, getting to our usual workout.