Day One

It was dark when Lieutenant Kayna Neric finally woke up. She had no idea what had happened. One minute she was on boring old guard duty and next, it felt like the whole ship exploded around her. When she came -to it was dark and her flashlight only revealed the death and destruction around her. There was two of them on guard duty but she was alone now. The rubble nearly pinned her in place. It took her what felt like hours to wiggle free enough to really look around. The hallways around her had collapsed, no emergency lights, as everything was destroyed. She didn't spend a lot of time wondering how the ship still had air, she was just thankful it wasn't the vacuum of space she was breathing. The metal groaned around her, it was almost creepy. Her radio didn't work so she would have to find her own way out, through the creepy groaning darkness.

         Kayna didn't get far when she remembered who she was guarding, shit, she thought. That was when she realized the groaning she heard wasn't the metal around her. Her only thought, I'm trapped with a wounded Wraith, oh great.

        "Todd" she yelled into the darkness and waited. She heard a louder growl this time, and the creaking came from a few feet right of her. When she looked several pieces of the wall were stacked against each other so a small crevasse was created between them. Just as she was about to ask again everything got quiet.

         "Todd?" she asked again after a few moments. This time she was answered.

          "I can not free myself." grumbled the tones of a Wraith voice in the darkness. Kayna could hear the irritation in his voice, and she could not help but giggle a little. She had seen this wraith before, even though she was new to the city. He was a towering figure, she thought he must be nearly 7 feet, almost 2 feet taller than she was. But the thought of a large lion trapped in a tiny hole, made her laugh, anything to keep her spirits high.

          "The situation is not amusing, human." the wraith growled. She climbed into the darkness where his voice came from. The fit was very tight, and when she first saw him; his feeding hand and legs were both pinned in by the rubble around him. Not only did he look angry but he looked helpless, something she thought, had to be a rare sight. Wraith detest weakness and to be so helpless, must be infuriating for him, but for her highly amusing.

         "You gotta admit, it kinda is." she laughed out loud when he finally looked at her.

         "I fail to find the same amusement in this... pre-dic-a-ment." the tones of his voice rang with irritation. He knew the small female was only trying to lighten the situation, something he, himself was often known for. The Wraith grumbled while the human looked him up and down, and all around. There was enough room she could squeeze in next to him but it would be awful close, it was, however, the only way she could reach his legs. His arm looked simple enough from the angle she was currently in. She could wedge a piece of debris in next to his arm and if she could get enough leverage possibly free it.

           She took several minutes debating the situation she was now in. They had no idea what was going on, something had happened that collapsed this entire section, they could be the only ones left alive. No communication left her even more in the dark. The wraith was trapped she could crawl off into the darkness to find help, but there was no garrote she would find any. Her duty was to make sure the Wraith didn't get into any trouble, well how could he if he is trapped.

          "You are going to leave me like this?" the tones of the wraiths voice were very direct but something was off, she couldn't be sure what.

           "I just have a problem crawling into a dark hole with someone who can eat me. At least before we establish some rules first. Like rule one: no eating me." she looked right at the wraith and took a deep breath. "When I free you I need to know I can trust you." Kayna looked at him fiercely.