:: prologue ::

On Saturday, April 15th, 2016; a boy named Zachary Lundahl broke my heart.

Zachary Lundahl happened to be one of the biggest crushes of me life. So, when he asked me out, I was beyond elated. My heart seemed to stop and my lungs seemed to stop letting oxygen flow into my body, and unwanted carbon dioxide back out.

As a child, I was never the most cool kid. I was never very popular either, though I had a good group of friends I could trust. I was more on the dorky, nerdy side. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I was practically a genius. I was always the teacher's pet and the favorite student. I had good grades, and never cared about what the other students would think. In 5th grade, there was a new kid. Can you guess who it was? That's right, Zachary Lundahl.

He was immediately popular and practically worshiped by the student body who thought he was all that. All the girls liked him, including me, and all the boys wanted to be him. He was nice, charming, funny, and smart. He was the total package.

As time went by, everyone's crushes on him faded, except mine. It seemed like the older he got, the more hotter he became. He started going through girls like I went through my books. Which is pretty damn fast. But, I still wished that I would be the girl he chose.

Fast forward a few years and I was now a sophomore.

The day seemed fairly normal up until lunch, where Zach asked me to be his girlfriend in front of the whole school. I said yes without any hint of hesitation. While we were a couple, he stopped sleeping around and he was the perfect boyfriend. I was then known as the girl who made the player go soft. It wasn't a bad title to have, but that meant I got a lot of attention from people I've never even spoken to before.

After four months of dating, I thought he was special. We had already said 'I love you' and it seemed like it was time. I was waiting for the right person, and I thought he was.

Long story short, we had sex, and it was amazing. He was careful, and it in general was so romantic and perfect. Everything about that night was how I imagined it to be. Maybe that's why I was so blind to see what was happening.

The day after I gave myself to him, the stares got more intense, and the whispering got even more secretive. All day, I was so paranoid, and just wanted to get home. After the long day, I sat in my room doing homework and scrolling through Facebook. I saw that Zach had posted something—a video—before school this morning. Wondering what it could be since the thumbnail of the video was just black and there was no caption, I watched it, and almost fainted. He had recorded us and what we did that night. It had hundreds of likes, hundreds of comments, and almost a thousand views. But the comments were even worse.

Slut.

Whore.

I'd smash.

Nice job man!

She's hot.

Looks like the good girl has layers!

She has a nice ass brooo

What a hoe.

And those were just a few of many. I was humiliated beyond belief. The insults, the opinions, the catcalls, the threats, would only get worse by the day.

I couldn't escape, so my whole family ended up having to move because I was a dumb, naïve girl who thought she could change the bad boy and his player ways. I started the next school year in a whole different school, in a whole different state. I had a fresh start and I made new friends. I also vowed never to tell anyone about what happened with Zach, so if they asked why I moved, I would blame it on financial issues.

Now that you know how I ended up in this position, let's get back to the present.

"Guess what I heard today," Gabby inquires.

"What don't you hear?" I point out rhetorically.

She carries on, ignoring my smartass remark, "there's a new kid coming tomorrow."

"But it's the middle of the year," Isiah says through a mouthful of a burger from Mickey's Diner, our favorite place to hangout, and whether we order something or not, Mickey let's us sit in the same booth every day.

"And who would come to this sad excuse of a town? With what, a population of like 20,000 people?" I laugh.

"Apparently him."

"Well, he's supposedly a criminal, so maybe he's hiding from police," Gabby says with a small shrug. "Either way, he should be super hot." She says, winking at me and nudging me with her elbow.

There's no way in hell I'm ready to start dating.

"You haven't been interested in anyone since you moved her," Isiah frowns, "why not?"

"Bad ex or something?"

I sigh. "You have no idea."

"That bad, huh?" Isiah says with concern laced in his voice.

"Extremely," I mumble, trying to avoid eye contact.

"You never told us about your ex or your past, come to think of it." Gabby wonders aloud. "You need to stop being so mysterious and just tell us something. You know we won't judge you."

"You've barely mentioned your past," Isiah chimes in.

I trust them both, but it's just hard to even think about now. But, they're my friends and they deserve to know the truth. Maybe I'll just tell them the truth a little later in time.

"Today's not a good day," I sigh, leaning back. They both just give me confused looks. "It's hard to talk about and I'd rather be more prepared," I clarify.

"I understand," Isiah says softly and Gabby smiles in response.

hi everyone! I would like to thanks you all so much for reading. it may seem cliché of boring, but i promise it will get better!

throughout the book, there will be sex references, drugs and alcohol, and mild language.

i don't really have anything else to say other then that you should check out my other book (which is almost done!) You Drive Me Crazy(:

it's my first story and there are a few plot holes in the beginning but it gets better and will undergo editing when it's done.

i would really appreciate it if you check it out and continue reading this one!

please vote, comment, and follow me!