chapter 10

It’s us! Alive!

Chapter 10

“I ought to meet her too.” i said as i headed up. I failed to notice the two shocked faces.

“Harry, kathy?” my dad questioned. And my mum was almost in verge of crying.

This was when it hit me, she had the right to meet them. Afterall they were her parents too. Kathy just looked like my mum but with my dad’s hazel eyes.

“Yes dad. My sister. Katherine lily potter!” i announced. This shocked everyone the most.

“Ca-can we met her?”my mum asked.

“Sure! Follow me”

As i led my parents to kathy’s room.

“Kathy was grown with your sister dad, Samantha potter. Kathy was home schooled so i never knew her. Samantha thought it was best to reveal the truth to world and me once i was of age and the war was over. But then-” i choked as i was explaining. My dad put a supporting hand over me and encouraged me  to continue.

“But then during the war samantha got killed by avery during the war. She died protecting me, avery tried to attack me as i duelled dolohov. Her death affected kathy severely, she isolated herself after that. She stayed in godric's hollow for a while and then moved over here. I gave her this place. She spoke only to either me or ginny after that. Ginny would come over every afternoon to check on her and i would drop by in the evenings. She knits mostly the whole day. I will enter first and send ginny for you. ” i completed as i reached the doorstep.

I entered the room to find ginny and kathy chuckling over something. Soon kathy noticed my presence.

“Hello big-brother.”

“Hey kathy. How are you?” i asked.

“ The same old way. I heard you were taken by wormtail?” she asked concerned.

“Nothing to worry I’m right here.” i said half conscious eyeing ginny.

“I still didn't tell her” she said as though understanding my worries.

“They are outside” i mouthed so that only ginny could here. And then she left outside to were my parents were.

I then turned to kathy who bore a very confused look.

“Kathy are you planning to come to potter manor?”

“I have told you a hundred times harry my answer is the same. It still is the same. That place still haunts me of mum, dad and sam.”

“In that case. Katherine lily potter we are no longer parentless.” i said grinning.

“How?” was all she managed.

“Prophecy” i simply stated.

“Where?”

“Outside. Right under the same  roof!” i said.

“Do they want to meet me?” she asked.

“ oh don't be a prat they would love too.”

She could not hunt for words to speak up. She just hugged me with tears down her eyes.

She slowly eyed me. I just nodded.

“Ginny” i called.

At the doorstep my mum, dad and wife had stood.

“Mum dad” kathy asked looking at me.

Before i could nod she just ran over to squash my parents. It all seemed well. I had tears in my eyes as i saw the trio hug. Ginny came over and stood by me.

“Kathy looks so fine harry!” she said.

“Hmm. just hope samantha comes back as well.” i said.

“Don’t keep your hopes high”

“Harry come over here. You to ginny.” kathy called.

I went over to my parents and kathy.

“I’m so happy for you kathy” i whispered to kathy. She just smiled.

“I’m so happy for both of you. I know even you longed for your parents harry” ginny said.

“Thank you ginny.” my mum said.

“For what?” she asked.

“ for taking care of harry and kathy!” my mum said.

“Oh, don't mention it lily. Both of them are so lovable.” ginny said eyeing me.

“Harry don't you want to see the shocked faces of remus and sirius.” my dad said grinning.

“Remus? My godfather?” kathy asked.

My dad just nodded as he headed down.

When we reached down. We saw sirius and remus begging everyone to tell who kathy was. Remus was even ready to give all his chocolates to ron.

“Hello kathy” hermione said politely to draw everyone’s to the attention towards the new gathering.

Remus and sirius immediately spun around. My dad was wondering how to start, when he finally found the right words to start.

“Remus sirius, kathy was born on october that year during the war while we were hiding. Only peter knew about her. Me and lily thought it was safe to let her stay with sam, my sister. Sam thought it was best to tell harry once the war was over and harry will be of age. Sam died in war. Harry found kathy after the war and kathy stays here since then. And remus we named you as her godfather.” my dad said.

Sirius and remus just stared at her.

“My my lily. She looks exactly like you only for james’ hazel eyes.” sirius spoke.

“You are my godfather right?” kathy asked.

“Yes kathy. I’m so sorry i should have found you. I met sam twice but she never mentioned about you. I knew lily was pregnant when she went into hiding.” remus said.

“Oh, dont worry. It was sam’s decision to not tell anyone until we tell harry.”

“ finally your out of your room.” lily said.

“Oh my dear goddaughter!” kathy said placing a kiss on my daughter’s forehead.

“Everyone, we will have to stay here until wormtail is caught. Cissy and sirius could use their old rooms. And --” i said as sirius cut me off.

“Oy! Your stupid dog is there in my room!”

“Padfoot you are a dog too. If anyone should have a problem it is supposed to be emmy.” my dad said.

“Me and ginny will use regulus's room, ron hermione can use the guest room. Mum dad you can take the room next to kathy. Severus and marlene can use bellatrix’s room. Remus tonks you can use andromeda’s room. Albus you said you are going back to hogwarts. And kids you can use the big one next to sirius’s room. But just make sure soph and nick are not together.” i said.

“ harry!” soph yelled.

“Yeah soph, harry is right i’m just getting used to being a father. Don’t make me a grandfather.” sirius said.

“ dada, i want to stay with kathy tonight.” lily said.

“Sure, if kathy is fine.”

“ i would love to harry. Lily come with me. Mum dad i’ll show you guys your room follow me.” kathy said.

We all retired to bed………

____________________________________________________________________