Chapter 3

“Can you confirm that your name is Ashley Morgan?” Mocný asked.

            “I can.” Ash replied.

            “And can you confirm that my name is Rebecca Mocný, your tutor?” Master asked.

            “Yes.” 

            “Then do you; Ashley Morgan, hereby swear your allegiance to Stonewick, and more importantly to New Earth’s superior empire?”

             “I do.”

            “And do you swear to uphold our laws, even though it may cost you your life? To follow orders unquestioningly, and to serve your empire to the best of your ability?” 

            “I do.”

            “Then by the power vested in me; Ashley Morgan, you are an official Inhibitor in training.” Master said, and placed her left elbow on Ash's head before uttering a prayer. “Our holy Iron King, hear our prayers. Please accept Ashley Morgan to become a representative of your law, and therefore of yourself. She has pledged allegiance to you and your kingdom. Hear her as you hear me, and aid her in any way that you can. We are forever in your debt.” she said, and bowed her head. 

            The building trembled and shook as Mocný bowed her head to her god and king. A deep smile penetrated her face, Ashley had been accepted into the training program. Master turned to face Ash, and motioned for her to stand up. Ash stood up and held her head high, forcing herself to hide a devious smile. 

            ‘If the Iron King is even a god at all, then he is a very stupid one. Surely if he were an all seeing god, he would not have let me get in the front door. Now I can infiltrate his government. Now it will fall.’ Ash thought slyly to herself. The dynasty of the Iron King would come crashing down by her hands if it was the last thing she did. 

            Mocný led Ash down a corridor, then behind a steel door. It opened as her master put her hand on the scanner, then closed as they both entered. The room was large, and in the shape of an octagon. This seemed queer to Ash, because most of the House’s rooms were rectangular and white.

            This one was no such thing. The floor was dark brown wood, and the walls were made of beige stone. There was a fur rug placed in the middle of the room that matched the color of the wall, complementing it. The room was illuminated by three light bulbs covered by a beige, slightly transparent rectangular shield. 

            An iron table stood in the left corner of the room with a matching chair. Both had been stained the color of the walls. The chair had a beige covering made of the same material as the rug. There was a pile of papers in each of the drawers on the left, and bundles of pencils and pens in the drawers to the right. A singular drawer in the middle contained some of the instructions that Ash was soon to be given, in case she forgot; though that was unlikely. 

            From what she had heard, one never forgot the rules taught to them by a government official. Ash stole another glance at the room which she presumed would be her study. There was a couch in the opposite corner from the desk. That was good, because Ash would probably grow dreadfully uncomfortable in that iron chair, regardless of whether its covering was plush or not. Then she remembered Master Mocný standing in the corner.  

            “As I am sure you have guessed, this room is yours. This is where you will do your work most of the time. I may have to pull you into my room on occasions, but for the most part, this is where you will be stationed.” Master said.