Part 3: Fifty Bucks

Gideon went out of bed and to Pacifica's trailer to apologize, but did not find her there. He only found the crystal ball. He raised his eyebrow.

"I order you to tell me what happened this instant," he said sleepily.

"THANK YOU FOR TAKING ME ON A DATE, PACIFICA!" Dipper squealed.

Gideon thought Pacifica was behind him, watching him. He turned around, but she was not there.

"Pacifica's still on her date," he whispered. "Which means I can watch and criticize Dipper to my heart's content!"

He shook the crystal ball, and it whispered the location to him. He planned to fly, but he did not have his amulet. He ran to the place. He jumped on the tree and was irritated by the amount of snow he had to shove off. He watched Dipper and Pacifica talk about things he could not hear.

He was shocked to see Dipper laughing and smiling. Gideon was suspicious of Dipper's reaction. Pacifica never acted like that in her old dates.

"Excuse me," Mabel said politely, clearly unaware that Gideon was the one she was talking to, not some kind stranger.

"Get out of my spot!" Gideon whisper-shouted.

Mabel growled without looking at him. "Oh," she sighed. "Of course. You'd say that. Um, I've been camping in this spot for probably more than thirty minutes, so please go find your own."

She's lucky I don't have my amulet, or she wouldn't see her brother ever again!

"I'll give you five bucks if you find another place," Gideon took out his wallet out of his black coat.

"No. This is the perfect spot."

"Ten bucks."

"No."

"Fifteen bucks."

"No."

"Twenty?"

"No," she adjusted her binoculars and looked at him. "I-I'm very sorry, please, do yourself a favor and find another spot."

Gideon only blinked at her and continued counting money. "Fifty?"

Mabel raised her eyebrow. "Fine. I'll take your money if that means I won't have to see you."

Gideon gladly threw the money at her, as Mabel smiled and hopped to another tree. "At least the funds will be replenished," Gideon heard Mabel say.

"Ah, the perfect spot to criticize 'em both," he said. "It was so cheap, too!"

He looked down to see no Pacifica nor horrible Dipper. "What?" He looked to Mabel, when he heard her make her way down a tree.

He ran to her. "Did you see where they went?"

"I was watching them," Mabel raised her eyebrow. She turned away from him and walked out of the forest quickly. She stopped for a moment and jabbed her pointer finger on Gideon's blue sweater, which made him flinch. "Why're you even here? Are you getting revenge on my brother? You won, anyway." She continued to walk.