Chapter 2

Today's Christmas. Well Christmas sucks here. It's just Christmas crackers that have been controlled so we can't kill ourselves or something. I don't blame people for wanting to kill themselves, this place is actually Hell. You get to do practically nothing, you don't have much choice with food either. You don't get to see anyone. Well, I haven't been allowed to yet. Christmas is basically like another boring, stupid day here.

I guess there's only one guy who is actually nice here. None of the guards are, the doctors are shit. My therapist is a genuinely nice guy. Surprisingly, he isn't the kind of trashbag that has a job here. He's called Dr. Ross. Well, he asks me to call him Ryan.

"Morning Patrick, how's it going?" Ryan smiled at me through the window.
"Good, I guess." I replied.
"How's your Christmas going?"
"Boring. This place is boring."
"Oh, sorry about that. Well, you know me, I can't really do anything about it. I'm just a therapist. Thinking about anyone lately?"
"Uh yeah, Pete."
"I'm sorry about Pete. I wish I could do something bout it. Oh, by the way, they've given me permission to hand you this letter."
He handed me a shiny red envelope. I eagerly opened it, I didn't get much post because of the stupid post rules.

"Dear Patrick,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you're stuck in that hellhole. I'm sorry that I couldn't talk. I'm sorry about everything.

I'm writing to you because the last years I haven't forgotten about you, I've been saving up. Saving up to free you. I dunno really how much I need for you to be freed, since you killed someone, but I hope I've got enough.

I'm coming for you, Patrick

Pete"

I felt the tears pour out of my eyes.

"So, he's coming for me?"
"Ah, that's where the catch is. Sadly, Pete didn't earn the money. He's stolen it."
"What?"
"He's in this building right now, not because he's collecting you but because he's had charges pressed for thievery and damaging private property."
"Damnnit Pete."
"Wanna see him?"
"Yes! What do you think?"
"Luckily, he's gonna be your inmate, and he's gonna be staying in your cell."