01:01 AM

"taehyung, you're slacking off lately."
namjoon's voice slapped taehyung back to reality.

he doesn't know why he's like this lately; it's like everytime he loses focus, he cant regain it back ( and what's worse is he loses focus everytime. ) this isn't only slowing him down, but also the whole team, he knows that. it's just he's got a lot in his mind right now, and he doesnt know how to  deal with his problems.

"yeah, hyung— im sorry. i'll practice harder." taehyung noticed the whole room got quiet because everybody thought namjoon was scolding him, but really, namjoon's just worried. he could feel the worried stares from his friends; especially jimin's.

his heart skipped a beat.

"i know you're not sick, so what's wrong? something's bothering you?" said the purple-haired boy, his face plastered with worry.

"it's okay, hyung, really. i just... i need some time to gather myself, i think,"
tae doesn't want to talk about this. talking about a problem that you dont know how to solve will just make you feel even shittier, and it's not helping anyhting; it's doing the exact opposite.

namjoon's mouth opened to reply the younger, but before he could form a sentence taehyung cut him off.
"i'm going to the bathroom, i'll be right back."  he stood up, and walked to the door, worried eyes following every footsteps. nobody tried to stop him, and he thanked them for not doing so; he just need to clear his head and be alone at the moment.

he's staring at his own reflection in the mirror.

what's wrong with you, you dumbass?
are you like this because of jimin?
because you just realized that you've had a thing for him since high school?
are you this fucking weak?
forget your feelings, you need to move on.
you can't ruin your friendship.
you need to fo—

someone knocked the door. taehyung flinched.

"tae, are you okay?"

it's jimin.

oh, for fucks sake. hus blood is rushing to his cheeks. his heart is racing; it feels like he could explode at any moment. jimin is the last person that he wants to meet right now. but it's not like he could ignore the pink-haired boy just like that.

"y-yeah i'm, good. you can go back to practice. i'll be bac—"

"namjoon hyung said we could all just rest for today."

taehyung just replied with a short "oh," and then silence followed. just like that; two men standing near each other only separated by a door. taehyung didn't even budge; he thought every move he'd make, jimin will find out whatever's going on in his mind ( which most likely will never happen.)

jimin's sigh broke the silence. "you do know that i am very much aware that you're lying to me, right?" tae heard a soft bump on the door, jimin's probably resting his head on it.

"but i'm not lying, jimin. you need to stop overthinking."

"i'm not overthinking because i know you're lying to me. we've been friends since we're 17, remember? i know you."

the last sentence flicked a switch in taehyung. how dare he say he knows him while he doesnt even have any fucking clue whatsoever that the reason why he's like this is exactly because of him?

taehyung's trying his hard to not let a single rude word slip through his mouth.

"just leave, jimin. i want to be alone."

well, he tried his best.

for a moment, jimin didn't say anything. but then taehyung heard a deep sigh, followed with the sound of footsteps.

taehyung washed his face and once again met the reflection of his eyes; it feels like even his own reflection is judging him for being such a goddamn coward.

taehyung grunted and punched the hard and cold marble.

kim taehyung, you fucking coward.