Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“He said what?!” Tiffany practically screamed at my face.

“This cannot be happening! Why?” Tara demanded, throwing her hands in the air.

“Are you freaking serious?” Tory looked like she was about to explode. Her face has gone all red. That only happens when she is under a lot of pressure. Which isn’t often since she is the most laid back person I’ve ever met, unless it’s about midterms or cheerleading.

Then Tory started gasping for air. Right…

“Ohmigod! Tory, breathe!.” Tiffany rushed to her sister’s side, then patted her on the back soothingly. “Breathe Tor, breathe. Here, drink this.” Tiffany snatched the water bottle from the table, opened the cap, then gave it to Tory, who took one swig then started breathing normally again. It was my water bottle, by the way.

I guess you can add this to her stress list.

“Thanks, sis.” Tory whispered, giving her a weak smile. Then turned her head to face me. “You!” she scowled, pointing her finger at me.

“Me?” I said, trying to look all innocent. Then reality hit me right in the face once again. I immediately stopped fooling around. The anger in me began to boil. “This isn’t my fault! Why are you pointing fingers at me?” I was so mad! But not at my friends. I was mad at him! I was so pissed that I can’t even say his name without scowling.

“He said that it’s already taken care of.” The next thing I know, tears came trickling down my cheeks.

“Why didn’t you do something? To change his mind!” Tiffany asked.

“You think I didn’t try?” I countered.

“Well, I guess you did. B-but why? I just don’t get it.”

“I don’t know. All he said was that it was for the best.” Which I totally didn’t get! Why must we move? What good is there in doing so? But that isn’t even the worst of it. We’re moving to this small town called Taylorsville right in the middle of my junior year! Can you believe that? What kind of person in the right mind would do such a thing to their kids?

Someone placed a tissue in my hand, I looked up. “Thanks, Tara.” I blew my nose into the tissue. “Oh god, I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to leave you guys. It’s so far away.” I suddenly was gasping for air. I was bawling my brains out, for goodness sakes! Not to mention, right in the middle of recess and in front of the whole student body. “I mean, California is NOT close by.  It’s not like I can just drive all the way back here anytime just to hang out. It’s all the way at the other side of the state! I don’t wanna leave New York. This sucks!”

“I wished there’s something we could do.” Tory frowned.

“I don’t want you to leave. Who’s gonna go bowling with me every Friday night?” She turned to look at Tiffany and Tara, her lips pursed up as though she'd bitten into a Sour Patch Kids candy. “They’ll certainly be no company.” Then turned to face me again. “They bowl like crap.”

“Hey!” Tara and Tiffany said in unison.

I fought the urge to laugh.

“Is that the way to talk to your super hot older sister?” Tiffany demanded, with amusement glinting in her eyes.

Tory just stuck out her tongue at her then started to laugh like a deranged maniac.

“It’s true!” Tory exclaimed. “You guys suck. I’m sorry, but hey, I’m just keeping it real.” Then expertly tossed her hair back. “Besides, you’re only a minute older.”