Blackmailed

VIOLET POV

It was a beautiful spring day, but I was stuck inside, doing homework. My little brother, mark, stomped through the door slamming it loudly, signaling he was home.

" Hey Vi" he said while dumping his backpack on the table.

 I got up to make him a sandwich, just happy to get away from the Trigonometry . Even though I hated math, nothing could bring me down. It was a week away from my seventeenth birthday, when I would finally find my mate.

 After an eternity of equasions and my brother nagging me to take him to the movies, I was finally finished.

 " Are you done yet?" He asked.

 "Yes, I'm finished, now what movie do you want to see?"

 He didn't hesitate to think" MONSTER TRUCKS! "

 I laughed at his eagerness" ok, ok. Lets go then" I said, pulling out my phone.

 After the phone rang for a few seconds, I heard " hi,  Amy here." 

" Sorry Amy, my brother is bugging me to take him to the movies, can you take us? You have a car, pleeeeease?" I asked.

 After a couple seconds, I heard a sigh, and she said" Fine, but he has to be quiet the whole ride" she bargained. 

Mark, who had been listening,  eagerly nodded." He will" I assured her.

" ok, I'll pick you up in ten" she said before hanging up.

 Ten minutes later, she showed up at the front door with her Acura ILX.

 After we got to the movies and dropped Mark off, Amy was asking me about the my birthday party. She was going to have it at her house, but need my ideas.

" How about we just decorate it together at your house" I suggested. After thinking, she agreed, and we went to her house. While we were decorating, I couldn't shake off the feeling I was forgetting something. when we were almost finished, I suddenly remembered, and gasped. We had forgotten to pick my brother up from the movies!!!

 We raced down to the theater, where he was pacing, probably thinking of how to exaggerate  what happened, and what he could get from me.

 Before he could utter a word, I said" No time the faster we get home, the less grounded we'll be" he just nodded and ran to the car, grumbling about how we forgot about him.