II

*****

The first thing I hear is a deep rumbling noise, almost like drums, shaking the building to its core.

I peel my eyes open and wipe the slight bit of drool that is OBVIOUSLY not plastered around my mouth away. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I lean out of my cubby to try and see what that eerie noise was. Everything outside looks normal, the tinge of the light green acid rain clouds looming in the distance.

Reluctantly, I pull the covers off, but immediately want to crawl back under. But I'm interrupted from my longing for sleep when the door glides open, and in strides an uninterested looking guard, whose stitching on his uniform reads "Zallo".

"Get up, 128," he grunts.

He's a very greasy looking person, with, well, greasy looking hair, and he smells just that, also.

Seriously? I think, I'm not even a person anymore, just a number.

He roughly grabs my arm, pulling me up out of the warm confines of fur. Greasy (as I've decided to call him) secures my arms behind my back with the magnetic metal handcuffs. They're actually pretty cool, as they glow different colors depending on your sector and age. Mine are purple.

I am lead out of my cell and into the hall. As we pass other cells by, I try to get a glimpse of the others, but the glass is fogged in all of them. The cement and Metal design continues the whole way through the expanse of halls.

We finally stop by a set of double metal doors to our right, where Greasy takes off my handcuffs.

"When you go in there, eat, and don't do anything stupid. You'll definitely regret it," he adds as his lips twist upwards into a slightly amused expression

That's a new one for him...

He pushes me in the doors, which are located in the back left corner of the room, and closes them behind me, leaving me staring at at least 120 other teens in a dining room. Unfortunately, they are all staring right back at me. I awkwardly clear my throat and look around. The ceilings aren't very high, only slightly higher than a standard room. Walls are a dull gray, floors concrete, with average looking rectangular cafeteria tables scattered around. I try to find a place to get food, and spot a long line in the front right corner.

I hurriedly scuffle my way over, when suddenly, a grey-clad foot sticks out right in front of me. Of course, with my FANTABLULOUS luck, I tumble downward. landing hard on my butt. I immediately hiss, looking down at my gashed leg, which I have totally forgotten about. A new layer of blood gushes out, and the throbbing returns. So I rip a piece of fabric of my leggings and tie it around the wound, stopping most of the blood.

Speaking of clothes, I look up to notice that everyone else is wearing a dark grey jumpsuit. I feel awkward in my tattered leggings and jacket now.

I stand up and immediately see the snickering face of a red-head, who obviously owns the place with her posse of girls around her table. Even a few guys. She has smooth skin and perfect red hair, with long eyelashes and green eyes framing her face. Even I am immediately jealous, with my slightly wavy honey-brown hair and plain sea green eyes.

So, I do what any sensible person would in my situation.

I step forward and punch her straight in the cheek.