Chapter Sixteen: Story Time

Chapter 16: Story Time

 Recap…

“I couldn’t care less,” Gaara said coldly. Then all three sand ninja jumped off. Kankuro hesitated, but eventually he leapt off.

I shrugged. I guess he missed his hat. 

Tam

“I’m going for a walk,” I said with a frown and started walking off in the same direction that Gaara and them jumped off in. I don’t care where they went; I was to be on my own for a bit.

“You’re not going after that kid are you?” Sasuke asked,  grabbing my shoulders. “You did do, you know, with him, didn’t you?” Sasuke asked.

“I don’t see why that’s any of your business,” Julie said. Mentally, I agreed with her.

“No,” I told him, “I’m not going after Kankuro. And so what if I was? I can do whatever the hell I fucking want Sasuke. You don’t fucking own me, asshole.”

“Oh hey, Tam, that came out of nowhere,” Julie said as Sasuke backed off.

I didn’t say anything. I’m sick of people thinking they own me. The care home thought they could do whatever the hell they wanted. Those foster parents thought they could force me to do what they wanted me to do, even if it was wrong in my eyes. They didn’t even bother—not once to try and find out what happened or why I was such a troubled child.

They let me rot on the inside while they rot me on the outside.

Julie looked at me, worried. I couldn’t look at her, so I glared at Sasuke, who looked confused.

“It’s nice to know you think of me as some sorta slut, Sasuke. I wanted to play a joke on you but you all have big gobs on you and now I’m questioning my whole fucking life. I need to think and shit. Sometimes I just think I should just run a knife throw my throat and be done with this life. Maybe in hell I’ll have a better life than on this planet.”

With that I ran off leaving the stunned group of people behind me.

“Tam!” Julie shouted. “Tam, wait!”

I ran and ran, not really knowing where I was going. I told Sayuri to go for another walk; I needed to be entirely alone. When I finally stopped I was in some random street. I looked round for—yes, you have it: my punching bag.

Spotting a bench next to a brick wall I ran down the road. Skidding to a stop I didn’t even prepare myself for what I was planning to do. I didn’t get into a stance. Once the wall was in reach my fist slammed against it as a scream of rage left my lips.

“Why would Kankuro do that?” I shouted to myself. “Someone like me!” My fists hit the wall over and over. “Why am I so stupid?” These are all questions that will never be answered.

And the people I’ve lost because I’m alive won’t come back, either. See, I get close to someone and they’re lost and or murdered. Kankuro trying to get close to me…it only meant his death was coming soon. That’s a kind of prophecy bestowed upon me—some kind of curse I can’t get rid of.

Anyone who became close to me was destined to die or get seriously injured soon after.

Think I’m wrong? Look back a couple chapters. Remember when Julie and I became family? Yeah. She almost got killed by Zabuza.

Realising that if I carried this on much longer I would end up crying, again, I stopped and plonked down on the bench with a sigh as I looked up at the sky, lost in my thoughts.