You're safe with me

Mark sat himself on the ledge of his well fortified house in the hills of LA, he looked out at the city he could hear some screaming from people getting killed but it didn't effect him that much, he was used to it

Mark sat himself on the ledge of his well fortified house in the hills of LA, he looked out at the city he could hear some screaming from people getting killed but it didn't effect him that much, he was used to it. A blonde haired girl appeared from behind a building down the street, covered in dirty and blood. With walkers approaching her, she ran down the street, frantically looking for safety. Mark spotted someone running for their life. He climbed to his feet to get a better view of what the hell was going on down there. She refused to look over her shoulder, knowing full to well that if she did, she'd risk falling and being bitten. She headed for the building at the end of the street, hoping to gain some distance between her and the walkers. However, unknown to her, the building she was running towards was already occupied. Mark climbed himself down from the roof, the dog he had found trapped in a building during one of his runs lived with him, the German Husky looked over at Mark curiously. She ran into her door, hoping she could knock it down. Locked. Yet she refused to give up. She continued to throw herself at the door, staring down the street in terror as she did so. Mark took the shovel he kept by his door going out into the street calling out to the panicked girl "Get in!" He ran towards the walkers. She jumped as he ran past her, the surprise making her heart beat fast. She watched him, frozen still. Mark killed three of the walkers before throwing his shovel to the ground as he raced back to the house pulling the mysterious girl along with him. She slammed the door behind her, still clearly in shock as she stared at the taller man, her lower lip quivering from the fright. Mark held the dog back who was growling and barking at the woman, he looked at her for a few moments "What's your name". She tried to speak but she only shook more, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Answer me" Mark stared at her unsure whether he made a mistake saving this woman. "S-serenity" she managed to mumble, still shaking as she looked back at the door.