Chapter One

God, girls are so stupid. They are always going through some obsession, moving on from one to another in the blink of an eye. Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, the Hunger Games, and now it’s One Direction. I really need to find a hate group where I can speak my mind. I can image myself standing up and saying, "Hi, my name is Rhiannon Ricci, and I absolutely HATE One Direction."

I would rather spend my day reading Hunger Games and writing stories about it. I'm probably the only one in my grade who hates One Direction. No, I'm in love with Josh Hutcherson. All I hear in class is Harry Styles this, Louis Tomlinson that. Oh my God, did you see Niall Horan do this? Oh and did you hear Liam Payne sing? Oh and isn't Zayn Malik so sexy? No, I did not see or hear them, and I don't want to. For once, I actually agreed with the moronic boys in my class. ONE DIRECTION SUCKS!

__

We were sitting in class one day, a few days before my birthday, and our principal came in.

"I have an announcement! Our school has won a private concert just for our graduating class!" she said.

Everyone started cheering and I was momentarily excited. That is, until someone asked who the band was.

"One Direction will be performing on October 11th!" our principal announced, sounding as excited as a fourteen year old girl, keep in mind she had to be about forty. Keep holding on to that childhood Mrs. Coco, you go Mrs. Coco. 

The girls screamed. I groaned in disappointment and annoyance with all the boys. Well, school just ruined my birthday; at least it was on a Friday. Unfortunately, the "good" news wasn't over, and our principal continued talking.

"Ten people will win the prize of a meet and greet with the band!" she squealed. I swear she was really a teenager.

This caused another round of screams which caused me to cover my ears. Great, now I'm half deaf from screaming and the concert will make me go deaf from more screaming and music I hate. MY LIFE SUCKS!

__

That night, my mom sat down by me while I wrote this Hunger Games story I had been slaving over.

"Hi honey, how was school today?" she asked. She surprised me because she was hardly ever home or talking to me.

"Horrible, they are making us go to a concert that we won for the graduating class." I answered.

"That's awesome! Who is playing? When is it?" she said, actually sounding like she was listening.

"It's not awesome; they got One Direction, who I HATE. And to make matters worse, the concert's on my birthday!" I complained.

"You'll have fun honey, I know you will. I'm going to bed, don't be up too late." Wow, she actually sounded like she cared.

"Night mom, I'm going to bed soon anyway." I rolled my eyes the minute her back was turned, just a few more days until I was eighteen. I was so close.

I finished up my new chapter and posted it online. I was at about 500 reads, I felt like a proud mom. I closed my story and checked my email, nothing; checked Tumblr, nothing new or noteworthy. I checked Twitter, nothing except for a tweet from my friend to One Direction.

@Obsessedwith1D: OMG can't wait for 1D concert at my school from @onedirection on October 11th! Can't wait to see Niall!

I rolled my eyes at Fiona's name. Really, Obsessed with 1D? Way to be so creative; note the sarcasm there. I sent out a quick tweet of my own.

@RhiRicciLovesJHutch: OMG 1D concert at my school on my birthday! Way to kill my birthday @onedirection! Thinking about ditching to go see Hunger Games for the third time! Can't wait to see @jhutch1992 on the big screen!