Chapter Seven

There was 180 comments last chapter, so here's today's second update!! Enjoy. x

Song recommended for chapter: In My Veins by Andrew Belle, Eric Mccarley

Please comment while reading. I love in-line comments, and I read every single one. It'd be nice to get some feedback and see your guys' reactions. Please, I update every day without break, I'd just love comments. <3

(There is chance for a double update if this chapter reaches 180+ comments. Not required, but comment if you want another update today. And don't spazz comment either (Nadia, I'm looking at you lol), gotta be in-line, thoughtful etc.)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The wind picks up and ruffles my hair, but I don't move to push it back. I'm too busy imagining how worse this night can get. But I think it'd be too hard to top it. I'm stuck in the air with my ex-lover, whom hates me more than his mother, and that's saying a lot. He probably wants the door to give away and for me to fall out to my death. That's maybe a bit exaggerated, but he must want it to happen. I broke his already fragile heart. I put some pieces back and promised him a future where he could be happy, where he didn't have to live in darkness — I showed him the light. But then I cascaded an eclipse over his hopes and shattered his heart like it meant nothing.

But he will always mean more to me than he could ever know.

I am pulled from my thoughts when the cart jolts slightly, and gears grind, followed by shouting orders down below. People are trying to fix the ride, but they're not moving fast enough. I feel like I'm drowning in this silence, in the ocean that separates us. It's like we're on two different islands and mine is flooding, and I can't swim.

There's mumbling, and it takes everything in me to not look at him. He's on the phone with... with her.

"Yeah... you'll never believe who I'm stuck here with," he spits into the receiver. He sounds like venom is poisoning his tongue, like I am poisoning his tongue, and he spits it out with an icy force that knocks all the air out of my body. There's more mumbling and ice, then there's nothing but silence and the wind whistling in my ears. I don't have to look at him to know he's mentally murdering me with those big, black eyes. I loved them so, so to know that they've transformed into daggers and are aimed at my heart breaks it before they can reach it.

"Are you going to just sit there?" he barks and I hold back a whimper.

I swallow a thick lump in my throat. "What else do you want me to do, Grey?" my voice is low, shaky. I don't know what I am supposed to do. I can't talk to him, because he'll only jump down my throat and make me want to throw myself out and meet the ground. Maybe then I'll finally be able to breathe...

He scoffs, and I can't stop myself — I look at him. I was right, he is murdering me with those mesmerizing eyes. They glimmer with a flash of hatred so big and deep, they rival the largest blackhole in the space above our heads. And they're sucking me in, inch by inch, they want to swallow me and erase me from existence.

If only they knew how much I want the same thing...

"Nothing, just — just sit there and act like you didn't ruin us," he says with a sharp edge.

"I'm not acting like anything," I reply, balling my hands in my lap.

He scoffs, looking out at the sea. "Sure you aren't."

"Grey, I didn't mean for what happened to happen," I blurt out and he whirls in his seat to pin me with a scowl.

"No one else wrote that entry for you, Liv — that was all you. You made me believe that what we had was real — you made me fall in love with you —!" his veins strain against his tanned skin. Mixed with his pitch black eyes and bared teeth, he resembles a monster, but he is no rival to what lays beneath my own skin. I am ten times worse than him — forever worse.