Chapter 2: The Not So Perfect Dress Trip

"Wake up, sleepy head."

My body squirmed in the comfortable bed as a massive weight pressed down on top of me and interrupted my sleep. Warm breath tickled against the skin on my neck and I couldn't hold back a giggle.

"Cooper, I swear to god if you don't get off me in five seconds I am going to crush your trachea," I threatened him without opening my eyes.

"Should I be concerned that Cooper has been getting into bed with you while I've been absent?" a husky voice whispered in my ear and sent shivers down my spine.

My eyes snapped open in excitement. Within a moment's breath I wrapped my arms around him. His chest vibrated when he chuckled in amusement at my pleasure in seeing him.

"I am so happy you are home!" I squealed, pressing my body tightly into him.

"As am I, Ari."

Before he could say another word I firmly pressed my lips against his. My body ached to be touched by him after not seeing him for so long. His hands slid up into my hair and lightly tugged me back down onto the bed to lie with him.

He nuzzled his face into my neck while lightly sucking on his mark. I couldn't contain the moan from escaping my lips when sparks of pleasure ran through my body.

"I missed you baby," he groaned into my neck as I pressed my hips into his.

"Er, is this a bad time?" someone asked from the doorway.

I groaned in frustration.

"You didn't lock the door?"

"I didn't think you would be jumping me the minute I woke you up," he admitted before placing me back onto the bed and facing the interruption.

"Well excuse me for wanting to be able to enjoy alone time with my mate. I haven't seen you in almost two weeks."

Dante grabbed my hand before I got off the bed angry with him. He placed a gentle kiss on the top before lightly rubbing his face on it and marked it with his scent.

"I am sorry. There are no duties needed to be taken care of today so if it would please you I am all yours today."

"Really?" I asked, not wanting to believe him.

There was always something needing to be done. If it wasn't searching for Walter then it was pack duties. Never anything with our lives or upcoming wedding.

"I promise," he turned back to the doorway, "Now, was there something you wanted, Logan, or was this just a well-timed social call to interrupt us?"

My friend's lips twitched into a smug smirk before taking a few steps into the room and approaching us. He would only come within a few feet of the bed since I was still in my pajamas. Dante would rip his head off without hesitation.

"As much as I would love to take credit for purposely interrupting your little reunion Teresa sent me up here to make sure Arianna was awake."

"What does she want this time?"

"Did you forget?"

I sighed and snuggled deeper into Dante's arms.

"Just spit it out already, Logan."

"You have an early morning appointment at the bridal shop then Pauline wants your final decision on the cake this afternoon. Your mother really wants you two to set a date."

"What are you the wedding coordinator?" Dante teased.

Logan narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest in a huff.