[56] Goodnight...

"Are you guys tired?" DJ asked, looking over at everyone.

Poppy yawned, then nodded. "A...a little...."

Branch smiled and laughed.

Just then, the lights went out.

"What's going on?" Smidge asked, looking around.

Guy Diamond tried the light switch. It didn't work. "Must be the storm outside. I guess the power went out."

"No power means no heat," Branch said, worryingly.

"I'm already cold," Poppy said, and shivered.

"Let's go to bed. It's been a long day, and under the blankets will heat us up. If we huddle up it'll make body warmth," said Biggie.

"Good idea," Cooper smiled.

"I think I'm going to stay out here for the night," Poppy murmured, quietly.

Everyone looked sad at first, but knew if that's what she wanted, that's what she wanted.

They all went into a separate room, except for Branch, who stood there at the doorway.

"Don't leave," Poppy whispered to him.

He walked back over to her. "Why did you want to sleep alone?"

"I figured you would stay with me. I just want you and I to have some alone time."

Branch set down his sleeping bag next to her. Poppy only had a sheet with her.

"Goodnight," she said, and turned the opposite direction of him, cuddling in her blanket.

Branch lay there for a moment, but he could help but feel bad at the sound of Poppy's teeth chattering and the sight of her shivering.

"Are you cold?" he asked her.

She turned to him. "A little."

"Here."

Branch took off his vest and put it over her shoulders. She smiled.

The vest was unbelievably soft, and warm. Poppy let out a soft smile.

"Do you want my sleeping bag?" he asked.

She shook her head. "Then you'd be freezing."

He smiled. "Don't worry about me."

She smiled once again, just like him. She scooted closer to him, and she moved close so that she was inside the sleeping bag.

Branch felt his heart beating fast. He and Poppy had never been this close.

He jumped when he felt a hand on his chest.

"Why is your heart beating so fast?" she asked, then smirked.

Branch poked her cheek. "I think you know why."

Poppy blushed, then kissed him. It felt strange, being so close, but they didn't pay attention to that much.

Poppy's head fell to his pillow. She closed her eyes, but her hand was gripping in his all night.

He kissed her cheek goodnight and fell asleep on the same pillow.