• 1. Jaebum •

| author pov

Five years ago,

"Hey." Jb approach to you who was sitting under a tree at the back of their school. "Yes?" You ask, looking at the person who just talks to you.

Who would not blush when the most popular guy in the school was talking to you? You.

"Um. I always see you here, alone." Jb said. "And so?" Your reply. "I just want to be friends with you." He said a oblivious blush was seen on his cheeks.

You look at him curiously, thinking why would he want to be friends with a girl who is always alone.

"Why?" You ask, doubting his words.

"I just want to be your friend." He said, taking a seat beside her. You look at him again.

"I don't want people to pity me for being my friend. I am fine with myself." You said and left jb alone. Jb stares at your fading figure.

"Why don't you understand I want to get to know you?" Jb sigh.

•••

"You better stay away from Jb oppa if you don't want any more bruises on you." The leader of Jb's fan club, Hana said.

"Come on girls, let's go. I think she learned her lesson." Hana said and gave you one last kick.

You whine in pain. Your uniform was stain with dirt and shoe prints of the bullies. "What did I do wrong?" You said as your tears fall.

Jb rush to you with a worried expression. "Are you okay? Who did this to you?" He asks. He was asking so many questions that you couldn't answer everything at all.

You push him away. "I think you better stay away from me." You said, attempting to stand up but fail. "Why? Is it those fan girls hurt you?" He asks. You kept quiet.

"If so, I apologize for their behavior." He said, back facing you. You were wondering what is he going to do. "Hop on. I carry you home." He offers. You wanted to reject him but your ankle was badly sprained and you couldn't walk home with the injuries you had.

"Fine."

The journey to your home was quiet and awkward at the same time.

"You can put me down. We are here." You said. Jb stops and puts you down. "Thank you for sending me home. I believe we won't see each other any more." You said and slowly walk towards your doorstep.

Jb halt you by grabbing your hand. "Let me compensate you," Jb said. "I really want to be your friend. I have no evil intentions to befriend you." He said.

You look him, doubting him. "But being friends with you make in deep trouble. Couldn't you see what those girls did to me? So, I think we shouldn't be friends. Let's just stay a stranger." You said.

You break free from Jb's grab. "No, I want to be friend with you and I don't care what they say about you. If they hurt you again, I will be there to protect you." He said.

What you saw from jb's eyes was so sincere, she knew she wasn't lying at all. You sigh, "Ok, fine."

Jb smile, "this is my number. Text me later." He said, writing his number on your palm. He left after waving you goodbye with a smile on his face.

"I knew you will be a great help." He said, spinning his pen.

•••

During the week when Jb and you became friends, no one dared to touch you. Girls were envied you being the most popular guy's friend.

On the other hand, guys were jealous of jb being your friend because you are difficult to approach.

"Hello, my friend." Jb greeted his new friend. "Hi." A short reply was heard from you.

'She needs time to have a friend.' He thinks.

"What class do you have?" He asks. "History." Another short reply was heard. "I see.Come, let's walk to class together." He said.

×××

"I like you," Jb said. You heard it and was upset. You finally open you hear to Jb and treated him as a best friend. You started to have feelings for him during the period they spent together.

You left with tears falling down as you couldn't bear listening to the girl he like saying yes.

"You did it, bro. Go and confess to her now. You have waited for this moment for months." Jinyoung, his other best friend, said.

"Thank you, Jinyoung. I will tell you the outcome later." Jb said and left to find you.

"Where is she?" Jb asks himself, searching for you. He finally found you on under the tree where he first approached you. Jb was walking towards you but he heard sobbing from you.

"What's wrong?" He asks, tapping your back. "Nothing." You reply him, hoping he could go away but he didn't.

"Can't you see I want you to go away?" You shouted at him when he couldn't stop asking you what's wrong. "Did I do something wrong?" He said.

"Yes! Coming into my life was a mistake you made. Now, I have fallen for you when you already have a girlfriend." You said. He laughs.

You wonder why he laughs. Is it funny when you literally confessed to him? Jb stopped laughing and approach you. He hugs you all of the sudden. He sighs, "can't you see I like you?"

"The reason why I approach you because you caught my attention with that long hair of yours flowing beautifully behind your back and that expressionless of yours. I always wanted to befriend you but I was scared you will reject me until that one time I saw you sitting under this tree. I muster all my courage and strike a conversation with you." He said.

Jb continues, "you will not know how excited I am today. Because today is the day I will confess my love to you. I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?" Jb asks you.

Your face was stain will dry tears. Your tears fall once again as you nod your head. "Of course I will be your girlfriend." She smiles.

Jb spins you around shouting loud that you were his.

That day marks the day of your journey with jb.

•••

Five years later,

"What are you thinking, babe?" Jb asks you as he passes you a glass of water. "Just thinking how we first met." You said.

"I still can remember how we first met," Jb said, taking a seat beside you. "I know. It was good memories." You said.

"Come on, the boys are still waiting for us. Jackson couldn't wait to see you. He is more excited than me as the wedding date approaches." Jb chuckle.

"I am lucky to have you." Both you and Jb said in unison.