A Beautiful Lie

A/N Well this is just a quick one-shot based in an AU of the Mirai timeline where Mirai Gohan let Mirai Trunks fight the Androids with him and as a result Mirai Trunks died so it ended up being Mirai Gohan who went to the past and warned Goku about the Androids this is set after Mirai Gohan comes back in his timeline and destroys Android 17 and an alternate Semi-Perfect Cell since Cell managed to successfully absorb 18 in his timeline. I'll do a fanfic about this later to explain. Also this is an extension to The Encounter Universe this is canon to that timeline and again I'll make a fanfic later on it I'll just finish the TE I'm working on now first. This is an entry to the Gh/Vi One Shot Contest on fanfiction.net that is open until the 31st June 2017 if you want to participate then here's a link explaining everything: https://www.fanfiction.net/topic/202737/163566994/1/GhVi-Month-6-0-Challenge

This is actually my first one-shot due to the fact that I struggle putting all these ideas I have in this head of mine into one chapter.

There is artwork in this for the wattpad version some of them are completely mine (the ones that don't look as good) and some are part mine and part someone else....

There are theme songs for this one-shot for wattpad readers well just press play on the videos (if you want) but if you're on fanfiction.net then you may just have to open a separate youtube tab or just pretend they're not a thing.

As for the theme songs if you haven't finished one (which will probably happen) and there's another one just end that one and listen to the next.

Also this fanfic is pretty much a homage to the song A Beautiful Lie by Thirty Seconds To Mars and that is what made this name one of the options because I was listening to the song and I thought that line was a good basis. ANYWAY TO THE ONE SHOT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Starset- Down With The Fallen, Gohan's theme).

Narrative POV

Gohan was in a mess all of his friends were dead from the hands of the Androids even his student Trunks.

He went into the past knowing that it wouldn't effect his life only change theirs but a part of him wanted to believe that when he came back everything was normal again.

His Dad would still be alive, so would Krillin and Trunks but not even knowing what it was like growing up in an apocalyptic World.

But that wasn't the case nothing changed here the Androids were still running rampant and now he had finally grown strong enough he could finally put an end to their terror and he did well one of them at least, Cell had absorbed 18 and became Semi Perfect but different from his Semi-Perfect form in the past. But still even that form of Cell couldn't beat him after all he was only Semi-Perfect. So he did.

The World was finally safe again the buildings were being rebuilt and the population was starting to repopulate!

But that didn't change a thing in Gohan's eyes even if it's safe now everyone who died back then is still dead he didn't let anyone get close to him anymore because he was broken and he knew that.

Gohan POV

'Everyone is dead and it's all my fault....'

'But I couldn't do a thing about it....could I?'

'After all I was just a kid'

'No....that's just what I like to tell myself'