Chapter 18

****Max****

3 months later..

I stand looking at the large monitor projected on the wall as the group of men seat themselves before their screens.

I was powering through a Campaign meeting with various company leaders in California, D.C. , Texas and Chicago.

I watched as they looked through the portfolios before them and spoke amongst themselves as my headphones remain on mute.

I turn to look at the team sitting behind me get situated so we can begin.

I pressed the button on my headset and began the session.

Well into the meeting, I attentively gazed at the time as it slowly passed.

I was anxious to leave and get on the road.

See, Kira and I want to take advantage of a weekend getaway since neither of our parents will be in town and the Monday was a holiday so we would have 3 whole days to ourselves.

My parents will be away in Canada visiting longtime friends, My brother is off with his love interest in The Poconos, Amanda the bane of my existence (my annoying sister) and Carla will be hosting some fashion event in L.A, and Kira's parents will be in Hawaii for a Wedding, her brothers are away with their girls in Brazil and Valerie is on her honeymoon in Aruba. Everyone has plans too, since the winter holidays were nearing. Within 3 weeks October will be up and then the chaotic Thanksgiving Holiday then Christmas. We definitely need time together.

So, we decided to sneak away and get out of town away from everyone and the stuffy busy atmosphere. See...the suggestion I made was to have her naked and all to myself at my place in the Bahamas. But noooooo.... my poor negotiating skills weren't cutting it when it came to that request.

"Let's visit and revise shall we?" she smiled straddling me.

"Ok...shoot..," I propped my hands behind my head and listened to her proposal.

"How about Vermont?" she waited for me to respond.

She suggested a quaint and secluded bed and breakfast in Vermont.

No flying...she pointed out.

But then when I declined, the way her eyes saddened I couldn't say no.

"Fine you drive a hard bargain, beautiful." I rolled her with me until I had her beneath me.

"Come on you will love it," she gave me this flirtatious charming smile.

I argued that suggestion and promised to take care of her if we did fly...I lost yet again to those brown eyes....I couldn't deny her this so...I caved...plus the pouty lips and sad eyes got to me....

The 5hr drive to Vermont won...why you say so far away?

Well, we won't have the chance of being caught. I always need to be one step ahead of all the media to make sure we aren't caught.

The meeting finally came to a closing when my secretary walked in and told me my dad needed to see me.

I thanked her and handed her the reports to continue picking up while I went to see my father.

I walked down the hall and stood at the open door, watching him before I entered and walked over to the coffee table and poured myself a cup. He was deep in his conversation over the phone as I sat and enjoyed the strong brew that slowly woke me up a bit.

"Yes, Mr. Horushi it was a pleasure talking to you again. Yes, I hope to come to an agreement very soon."

He ended the call and turned with a grin of satisfaction on his face.