In Which Princess Meets The-Ex

**

"You're on crack." Nani stated simply, sipping on the now cold milk. I shot her a look but she merely rolled her eyes at me.

"What?" I huffed and flipped another pancake.

When she wanted to be, Nani could be the most stubborn person on planet earth.

"Just call him, Magz."

"I don't wanna." I muttered and flipped yet another pancake. They were almost all done. I had perfected the pancake making technique ages ago.

"Stop thinking about your damn pancakes, and fu-"

"Nani! Small ones present!" I shot a pointed look towards the living room, where both Aaron and Seb were. They were watching TV.

Nani rolled her eyes again.

I smiled at her and tossed two of the six pancakes onto the plate next to me. I heard a long single whine coming from outside.

"Aw listen to the poor pup, he wants a pancake."

I knew she was shooting a long sideways look at Princess. "A huge fucking pup," she muttered before loudly slurping on her drink.

I looked backwards at Princess, who was kneeling down where the glass sliding door was currently (and precariously) leaning. He was giving me mega dog eyes, but I only had to zoom out and see that he was begging me in the midst of all his mess.

"No." I said more to Princess than to Nani. "None for Princess."

Princess whined so loudly, you think I'd just told him that I didn't love him.

Nani was about to say something, probably to try and sway me to give Princess some food, when Aaron walked in, "Magz you can't just leave a gaping hole in the middle of your kitchen-"

"I can. It's my kitchen."

Aaron sighed and then looked to Nani for an explanation.

"She doesn't wanna call the handyman."

Aaroon looked from her to me. I shrugged, "I'm not feeling it right now."

"Well then, it's a good thing I already called him."

My hand twitched, the spatula was flung upwards but still firmly in my grasp.

A pancake went flying in the air, seconds before it descended onto the floor, Princess had hurried inside—knocking the door down again in his mad scramble. No one made a move as he swallowed the pancake up in a couple bites.

Aaron and Nani both turned to look at me casually. I blinked once, then twice. "My hand slipped."

I sighed; my hand drooped down with spatula and all.

"I'll make extra pancakes."

***

"Your dog."

"What about him?" I scooped up a piece of slightly buttered pancake and put it in my mouth. Nani was working on her cup of hot chocolate. Aaron and I were working on our second respective cups of coffee. It's probably why we got along, our love for caffeine.

"I dunno," she rested her face on the inside of her palm, "he just seems familiar is all."

"Trust me. I've seen a lot of dogs, but none that size. I'd remember." Aaron added in, absentmindedly stirring his cup of coffee.

"Yeah, he is kind of big isn't he?" I titled my head to the side, taking in Princess' size. He was gobbling down his stack of pancakes at the speed of light.