Good Hair day

It had taken a while. Clarke’s rejection had left bruises on Lexa’s heart, and she had been reluctant to let herself fall again, but she just couldn’t help it. You had been so kind, so understanding, she’d had no choice but to let you warm her frozen heart. As she walked towards your shared room, she couldn’t help but smile gently to herself, just the promise of your presence making her tiring day seem more manageable.

You were lounging on the bed, a book practically pressed to your face with just your sleepshirt and socks on. Lexa leant against the doorframe and watched you, chuckling lightly to herself at the familiar sight. Your face lit up at the sound of your girlfriend’s laughter and you sat up.

“Lexa!” You squealed, sitting on your knees, “You’re home early.”

The commander climbed onto the voluptuous bed and knelt in front of you, taking your face in her hands and kissing you softly.

“I missed you,” she murmured into your neck, pulling you against her and burying her head in your hair, “I feel like as though we have been apart for too long.”

You laughed gently, stroking her hair and holding her close, “That’s because we have.” You lifted her face to yours and pressed another soft kiss to her lips, “I missed you too.”

Lexa’s crystal blue eyes were sad as they burned into yours, “I will make time. If you are willing, I will cancel all my obligations today, and we will be together.”

You smiled, pulling the girl into a hug.

“Would you like that?” she asked.

“Yes. Yes I would like that very much.” You laughed.

Lexa buried her face in your neck and breathed in your coconut scent. Today she would tell you, maybe.

———-

“Lex?” you asked, snapping the commander out of her daze.

You’d been lying with your head in her lap, reading for a while now and Lexa had gotten lost in the pure bliss of being with you, watching you breathe, maybe dozing a little.

“Yes Y/N?”

“You know what I’ve always wanted to know?”

“What?” Lexa asked, knowing that she would do anything-find anything-answer anything you asked.

“How you do those braids you always wear.” You admitted, reaching up to touch the girl’s hair gently.

Lexa’s eyes softened affectionately, “Would you like me to do them for you?”

You nodded, shimmying up and brushing your hair off your shoulders, awaiting the feeling of Lexa’s fingers winding through your hair.

Lexa hesitated, her proximity to you making her more nervous than she cared to admit, even now.

“You’ve always had such lovely hair Y/N,” she told you, winding the intricate strands you desired, “I’ve always admired it.”

“Always?” you questioned teasingly, “You didn’t prefer Clarke’s?”

Lexa smiled, long passed feeling the ache of Clarke’s rejection, “Even then.”

You leant back against the girl’s chest, “I’ve always loved your hair too.”

Lexa knew her moment had come and she swallowed hard, kissing your cheek gently.

“I love you Y/N.”

You stiffened and Lexa felt fear grip her tight. You were going to leave, they always left, and she couldn’t let you. She wouldn’t survive it. She started searching desperately for the words to erase what she’d just said, her panic forcing all her English words out of her head and twisting her home language out of shape.

“I-uh.”

“Lexa,” you interrupted, turning to the girl, your eyes shining, “do you mean that? Do you really mean it?”

The commander was stunned, opening and closing her mouth like a goldfish.

This was her chance to erase it all, to convince you that it was some mistake, but she couldn’t lie, not to you, “Yes. Yes of course.”

“Then I love you too.” You answered determinedly, “God, I love you so much.”

Your lips crashed into hers like a wave and she melted into you, basking in the glow of having you with her.

She loved you.

And you loved her.

A/N sorry guys if its so short
Its not mine😃