Chapter 14

Ivy- dependance

~Kira~

"You are in so much trouble missy!"

I watched in amusement as Luna's eyes widened and she struggled to stand up. My eyes lit up with humour as I watched her struggle to run away. I knew she wouldn't get very far, so did she, but it was still rather comical to watch her fight against the inevitable.

She was sitting on her butt on the hard concrete ground as I stalked towards her.

"Do you know how worried we were Luna!" I screeched. "You just left. You didn't say goodbye or anything, you just dissapeared. I had to find out from Adrian!" My voice was rising in frustration.

"... I had to find out from Adrian that you had gone far enough away that you could possibly die if you went further. Were you trying to kill the both of you. Do I needa lock you in a padded room so that you don't scare the hell out of me?"

Luna's eyes were wide and her mouth was slightly open. "Don't run away like that without me ever again." I whispered so that only she could hear.

Then both our tear ducts decided to lay on the water works. "I'm sorry Kira." I heard her say softly.

She blinked her eyes to clear away the build up of tears and then confided, "I'm just so scared. Every day it seems like I forget what he is, and that terrifies me. He's a monster Kira. How can I forget that? He's probably just the same as... "

Her voice trailed off, but her sentence piqued my curiosity. We hadn't told eachother much about our pasts. Luna had only ever told me about how the Institute had recruited her when she was very young.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. I looked up and smiled when I saw Ryan. My smile quickly faded into a frown when I noticed two male werewolves having a glaring contest with Ryan.

"Oh, that's right." Luna said as she struggled to stand up. "That there is Louden." She said pointing to the hazel eyed werewolf.
"I'm not sure what your friend's name is Louden..." She trailed.

"Blue." The wolf answered simply.

"And this is Kira and Ryan." She finished the introduction with a wave of her hand in my general direction.

"I didn't know you were friends with wolves." I said cooly while examining Louden suspiciosly.

I hadn't had the greatest experience with wolves. They generally attacked me and lost and this ended up in a never ending loop of thwarted revenge.

"I never knew you were friends with a..." She trailed off looking at Ryan confusedly. "I thought you were a vampire?"

"He's a half-cast" I stated smugly, the feeling intensified by the sight of Ryan's scowling face.

"Well it seems like you're in good hands now." Louden's voice stated. "If you don't mind we need to be getting back to the pack right about now. Wouldn't want to worry Ash."

"Thank you for the help Louden." Luna said softly. The two of them exchanged a couple more words before Luna turned towards Ryan and I.

"OK. You can take me back to prison." She said with a roll of her eyes. I couldn't help the laugh that burst out of me.

"So dramatic! I'm sure Adrian will only lock you in a padded room and put a collar on your neck and prevent you from ever leaving his sight ever again."

She sighed as she tried to walk towards us, feigning indifference towards the pain and nausea she must have been feeling.

"Come on, get in the funeral car. I'm hauling your dead butt back to Adrian." I muttered darkly under my breath. I may hate Adrian, but I value her more then what my hatred could add up to.

I drove back more carefully then when I had driven up. Ryan was still muttering under his breath about "the evil lady" damaging his "poor baby". Luna lay on the back seat, her colour improving the closer we got to the mansion.

I was slightly worried by the idea of Adrian and Luna meeting after her attempt to leave.

Eventually we pulled up to the offending mansion. All the colour Luna had regrained slowly seeped out of her face.

"He's angry." She murmered under her breath.

"He does have a reason to be." Ryan stated. "His Bonded did run away and leave him to suffer the effects."

"I know, but I don't want to go back." She whispered.

"Suck it up princess!" I responded as I leapt out of the gorgeous funeral car. I opened the backdoor preventing her from procrastinating more. "Go to your prince charming."

She grumbled under her breath as I pushed her towards the big doors. I made sure to keep a tight grip on her wrist as I flung the big doors open.

I turned to face her before she could attempt escape once more.

"Luna... Adrian was... Worried when you disappeared." I looked up at her, she was trying to focus her eyes on anything other then me as I spoke. "He may be a blood sucking leech, but for some reason there is a tiny scrap of him that does care when you pull stunts like this."

She was shaking her head violently in denial, but I raised my hand before she could comment. "Don't give me any of that 'but we're Bonded and he has to care' stuff. We both know if he truly didn't care you'd be locked in a room without any freedom. I don't think he's as bad as the other monsters."

Luna's eyes were still fogged with denial, but it didn't matter. I had said what she had needed to hear and the words would eat away at her unwillingness to accept any of the supernatural had a shrap of good in them.

I turned, tugging Luna inside. The first step for her to move in the right direction would be to face the angry bat. I chuckeled darkly at the thought of what might happen next. What drama should prevail to ruin my peaceful reading time.