i.

the stars were out, lighting up the dark blue sky. it was a quiet and peaceful night. it always has been that way. (name) was out on the roof, her knees kept close to her body. she stared at the sky, hugging her knees.

it was a nightly routine. (name) would climb up onto the roof and stare at the night sky, collecting her thoughts. of course, her best friend joined her in these sessions. besides, they lived side by side. there wasn't a reason not to.

since they went to different schools, this was one of the ways to spend time together. they find each other's presence comforting. they'd sit in silence comfortably or they'd talk about anything for hours.

that night, (name) was thinking about her future. she thought about what she wanted. her teacher told the class that they could become whatever they wanted. would society let her do what she wants? everyone is expected to study hard, get good grades and get a high paying job to become successful. will that make her happy?

she looked over to her best friend who was staring at the sky. min yoongi was doing fine. he was passionate doing what he wants. an underground rapper. how cool was that? he makes music and raps with some guys; they called themselves 'D-Town'. he's even balancing school work. that's a plus. but in the small buk district of daegu, there's no where for (name) to put her mark.

"(name), you look rather distraught," the voice startled her.

"i was just... thinking," she sighed.

the boy looked at her curiously, "you're thinking that hard? what is it about?"

"something my teacher said. it's not a big deal," she stated, hoping to change the topic.

the boy hummed a reply. he scooted closer to her, hoping to give her comfort. she rested her head on his shoulders and let out a sigh.

"don't think too hard about it. i'm sure my (name) knows what to do. she always does," yoongi ruffled (name)'s hair, giving her his gummy smile.

"i always do, don't i?" she smiled. "i won't let it bother me too much."

the two of them stayed in that position for quite awhile. the air was cooling and it wasn't too bright out. it felt nice.

then, a voice broke the silence, "min yoongi! go to bed!"

"(name), it's getting late. i have basketball practice tomorrow morning," yoongi stood up, waiting for his friend to get up too.

their parents are aware of these meetings. they found out when (name)'s parents thought (name) was missing and called yoongi's parents to ask if (name) was over but found out yoongi was missing too. their mothers were making quite a scene and wanted to call the police. hearing the commotion, (name) and yoongi quickly got down to calm their parents down and to explain the situation. it was kinda hilarious. of course they implemented a curfew for the both of them. they can never keep those two apart.

"alright. goodnight yoongi," (name) greeted as she wiped the dust off her pants.

"see you later, (name)," he called out as he climbed back into his room.

~
a/n
woo new book-
this is gonna be a short story so don't expect too much? im sorry if the writing is bad, im trying to improve i promise

this was just some ideas i had in the middle of the night. thought i'd make it work. enjoy!

/unedited/