Chapter 6

A/N I have my first swim meet today and I'm really nervous because the person I used to like is coming and the person I currently like is on the fucking team and f r i c k they're both gonna see how much I suck please kill me

*Alex's POV*

            After breakfast is our leisure time, so I sneak into my 'palace'. It's a small space in the forest behind some trees and bushes that's open. It used to be a garden before the Washingtons bought the land, so there's a small bench and a few wildflowers. I like to write here sometimes, or just think. Today is a writing day, though. I write about everything that's happened to me in the past couple days. I write about John the most, though. 

           I know people say that love at first sight doesn't exist, but with John that's what it felt like. He's the most beautiful, charismatic, amazing guy I've ever met in my entire life. I really do think I love him.

           All of a sudden there's a rustling in the bushes. John of all people emerge from the small opening. 

           "John? What are you doing here?" I ask.

           "I could ask you the same thing," he retorted with a smirk.

           "I guess, but how did you find this place? Did you follow me?"

           "No, I found this place while I was taking a walk. I heard you humming."

           "I don't hum."

           "Then why did I hear you humming?"

           "You were hearing things."

           "I can assure you that I wasn't. You were humming Seasons of Love from Rent."

           "Sure I was."

           "Okay whatever. What are you doing in here?"

           "I found this place when I first came here. It's where I go to write."

           "That's cool. I'll leave you alone if you want."

           "What? No! I want you to stay. I enjoy your company."

           "You're sure?"

            I grab his hand and pull him onto the bench next to me, "Yes, John, I'm sure. As long as you don't mind that I'm gonna finish up this passage in my journal."

           "Not at all," after a minute of silence, John says, "I can't believe you of all people keep a diary."

           "It's not a diary. It's a journal to write about my experiences."

           "So... a diary?"

           "Shut up," I say, laughing a little bit, finishing my last sentence, "Okay, I'm done. What do you want to do?"

            As I look up, John suddenly kisses me.

A/N did someone say rushed plot?