a deal?

It had been months since I heard back from the FBI. I hoped katherine was ok. I paced in the yard and rolled my shoulders a bit. I sighed as I sat down and looked out just getting some fresh air in, I had to admit that inside the jail it could get a bit musty.

I laid back in the grass looking up at the sky. I loved looking at clouds. It relaxed me while blocking out the idea that I would be in jail, maybe somewhere else though like Paris, england, ireland...just anywhere else.

I was called by a guard and I slowly stood up. I walked over and I was led inside. I was brought to a room again and cuffed to the table where a woman sat with her hair in a no nonsense bun and a suit. I looked at her as she looked me over.

"Mackenzie malikov..you helped agents hotchner and reid with a case a while back..even with your past record..." she said eyeing me as she looked at my files.

I raised an eyebrow at her and kept silent as she looked through them. She finally looked back up at me as she stated softly. "I am strauss...I am the head of the Quantico in virginia..we want you as our CI.." she said finally as she clasped her hands in front of her. I crossed my leg over the other as I looked at her. "With that comes restrictions..one toe out of line..your back here..you also have to keep a tracker on you at all times" she said looking up at me. "Your going to be staying in an apartment in one of Derek Morgan's buildings. You will be paid a salary." She said looking at me closely. "You will have a cell phone that will be watched all the time." She said sliding the contract towards me. I slowly read through it. It was simple enough.

I slowly grabbed the pen after reading it twice and sighed softly as I signed my life away to the FBI. I looked up at strauss as she took the contract and put it into her bag. She stood up and pushed the button before clothes were brought in for me. I raised an eyebrow as she shooed the male guards away. My cuffs were taken off and I was handed my clothes.

I slowly slid the orange jumpsuit off and pulled on my skinny jeans that were black with tears in the knees. I slid my bra on and my loose shirt it was a bit baggier then before. I slid my sun glasses on.

I put them on top of my head and looked over at her as I slid my boots on. She shook her head clicking her tongue.

"We need to get you appropriate clothes for the BAU." She said making me look down at my clothes ans roll my eyes.

"As you wish" I said softly as she led me out while i put my wallet in my pocket.

Well over the next few days I worked with the FBI. I did some training and some classes. Plus they gave me an anklet to wear when I'm out of the FBI and home.

I sighed as I sat at my desk and looked around the FBI station. The bullpen technically. I kept getting looks. I ignored them. They just think of me as a new profiler. Strauss didn't tell anyone apparently.

It was a huge secret.

I sighed as I tapped my pen on the papers in front of me. I looked down at the paperwork and wrinkled my nose. I hated this already.

I looked over at a few of the other BAU people. I've been told to stay away unless necessary which sucked majorly because I wanted someone to talk to here. I bit my pale pink lips and let my blue/grey eyes look back at the paperwork.

I felt wrong in these clothes. Nice pants, a button up and a blazer. I stood up slowly and looked towards strauss office as she raised an eyebrow watching me. I gave her a look as she frowned while I grabbed my mug going to the makeshift kitchen area.

I leaned against the counter and let a sigh escape my lips. I felt so wrong. I shook my head as I stood up straight as I felt eyes on my form. I pulled the coffee pot out and poured my coffee into the mug.

I set it back and slowly put the mug to my lips taking a sip. I felt a presence behind me making me slowly lift my head not moving an inch.

"Um excuse me.." a tentative voice said tapping my shoulder. I slowly turned around looking into the eyes of the brilliant mind in the BAU dr. Spencer reid.

"Yes?" I asked softly as he looked at me as he adjusted his glasses. While he did that I glanced seeing strauss stand up watching.

"Umm...your new here and haven't introduced yourself.." he said slowly making me focus back on him. "So I wanted to do it. I am dr. Spencers reid and you are?" He asked holding his hand out. I slowly held mine out and gently shook his hand.

"My name is mackenzie.." I said softly as I shook his hand. I worked hard to remember my new last name. "Mackenzie romanov" I said finally after a quick second of quick thinking as I smiled at him.

He tipped his head as his mind worked quickly. "Mackenzie..huh.
How old are you?" He asked curiously as he started the interrogation. "How did you get in the fbi?" He asked going quickly those were the only questions that registered in my head. I dropped my hand and held my mug as I leaned against the counter.

"My age is 26..I got into the fbi because I can help in specific ways that arent..particular." I said softly as I sipped my coffee the answer sucked but strauss didn't help matters. "I see things in a different way then others spencer. I can help even if you and the others don't seem to think so" I said keeping my calm. I looked over his shoulder wiggling my fingers at them. 'So I think that they asked you to come over because your the doctor and know things quicker and can remember our conversation alot longer." I said focusing back on him. "Plus I don't think they really want to know the new oddball. So thank you spencer for coming over it was nice" I said as I patted his shoulder and went over to my desk as my heart pounded in my chest. I got through it somehow. Can I keep it up?