II

Then:

Shaking his head, Marcel opens the door to the bar, he bows and gestures for me to walk in. "Ladies first." he smirks. I laugh and shake my head, walking past him and through the door. Just as I was about to sit down, a familiar voice stops me. I slowly turn around, facing the bar and let out a breath.

"Oh my god." I whisper.

He turns around and his face drops. What is that, sadness? Relief? 

"Elizabetha?"

I stand there, stunned, not moving. What do I do? I just breathe out that one name that I haven't heard or said for a very long time.

"Elijah."

Now:

"Elijah?" I whisper, my voice breaking slightly. I feel the tears creep into my eyes, my heart race and my breathing starts to quicken. Can vampires have panic attacks? We're about to find out.

He rises from the barstool he was sat on and takes a step towards me, I match it backwards.

He stops, not wanting to make the situation worse. I must look like a deer in headlights right now. "Elisabetha." He says, more firmly. That voice, oh how I've missed that voice. It sends a shiver down my spine. It's been so long since I've heard that.

I hear Marcel shuffle uncomfortably from beside me. "I ah, I got business to attend to." He starts to walk away. "I'll see you later." I want to protest but I can't get any words out.

Marcel's footsteps quieten as they exit the door.

I don't know how to react right now. Elijah, my Elijah standing in front of me. I want to run into his arms but it feels like a force is stopping me, all my body wants to do is turn around, run out of that door and not stop. But why? I want to tell him I love him and I've missed him but nothing in me will let me say it.

I love him, I love him, I...loved him? My mind is running at 1000mph right now and I don't know what to do or think.

He takes a small step forward, I don't move this time even though every atom in my body is wanting to. Taking a deep breathe through my nose, his aroma hits me, that scent is all I need in my life.

Can I buy a bottle of Elijah scent?

"Elisabetha, please." I look into his eyes and see tears. I can't even tell if they're happy, sad or broken tears. "Please, let me help you." He takes a few smaller steps forward until he's only a few inches away from me.

"Elijah I-" a tear slips down my cheek. I'm not looking up anymore, I have my eyes closed and my head dropped. I melt inside when I feel his breathe near me, he's only inches away and I'm stood here like I'm paralysed, I can't move, I can't speak. I can't tell him how much I've missed him and he's the only one I ever want to love.

His strong hand reaches up and holds my face, he lifts my chin up and makes me look him in the eyes. All I can see is a blurry version of him, his face being blocked by my tears. He leans forward to kiss my forehead but it's too much, I'm trying to fight it but I can't.

"Elijah, I-I'm sorry." It's like my body is being controlled somehow and all it want to do is get as far away from him as possible. I vamp speed out of the bar. I keep running until I can control myself again, I stop in an alleyway a few miles away from town. I can still hear the faint music and distant chatter.