Chapter 1

The Night Sings Sorrows

Mystic Eclipse Pack, Deep in the forest, on the highest mountain

The Alpha shadowed his pack cruelly, standing strong into the mountain side, nothing could remove him . A perfect silver orb lightened the very centre of our dark territory. His cold eyes overlooking each one of his members, an ear splitting howl shook the earth and a deadly silence followed. Each wolf looked highly to the alpha , his domination set rule to their land. His pride ruled them all.

"Let the ceremony begin" the lowly voice tore between the sound barrier breaking its silence , emerging from the darkness, there was something darker, his fur danced in the moonlight, a sea of black and blue eyes pierced through and a gasp echoed the winds breath.

His growl violent, dangerous, created tension within the crowd. The other pack members knew better than to challenge him, or his soon to be beta. Another wolf emerged from the darkness his fur highlighting and almost sunlight mixed with the nights kiss. Keeping his head tall another vicious growl resonated between each whisper of fear. Both the wolves took each side. One next to his father, the other next to a friend.

"Lachlan Brown, do you accept the roles and responsibilities of taking my place as The Mystic Eclipse Alpha ?" He spoke to his son in pure ferocity, not a symbol of happiness not a sign of love, he spoke like a feared leader.

"Yes, I do" Mumbles between the crowed erupted before Another vicious growl from the retiring alpha cleared their throats.

"And do you Zack Melville, take on the roles and responsibilities of becoming The Mystic Eclipse Beta?" Zacks growl spoke for his words but he humbly nodded and shook his head towards his childhood friend.

"By the power of the pack, the moon and myself we ascend these wolves , our ruling Alpha, my son, and our protecting beta, a trusted friend and loyal servant"

His howl pierced the wind in an eerie melodic song, followed by his son, the beta then the pack, the wind screamed a deadly song. Warning enemies that the pack was on the hunt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on Brooke!"

My fur danced in the wind as I ran through the woods, my paws colliding with the earth in trembles of excitement.

Trees shaded the freckled moonlight, creating tiny stars on the floor we ran upon.

"Angel" my sister called from behind, her voice exhausted and agitated. Pulling myself to a stop, whipping around I was met with the most aggravated face. "

If looks could kill" mumbling I chippered up and gave her my famous grin.

"We are almost at the spring , its up ahead"

Meeting my response with a familiar look of distaste I could see her disapproval even a mile away.

"You know the springs off limit for a reason right"

Looking anxiously around her, tail fluffed, paws dug deep into the earth.

"Pfft and what miss on the opportunity of a life time, I don't think so!"

Before she could respond , my paws denied me mercy, swiftly running through each branch, leaves fluttering in the autumn breeze.

A few trees began an opening. Canopy's of rose bushes and flowers out of bloom scattered the upcoming entrance.

"We are just about there" bringing ourselves to a trot, we observed our surroundings. Owls cooed and rats ran between our toes, the wind began caressing the trees almost lullabying the forest into a gently slumber.

Ahead, a magnificent light pooled upon the ground. Blocked by a thick hedge we slid under and made our way through. Sticks picking our fur and poking our sides, eventually we came our , fluff and all.

. Looking ahead the water was still just like the legend. Clear like the sky and pure like the most caring of heart, it looked cool and ready to swim.