prologue

READ THIS IN SANS AND IN CREAM COLOUR PLEASE!

A little twelve year old merboy swam away from the large palace. He has decided to finally visit the camps. All three! it was going to be so fun! After all, being Posidens Prince made life pretty boring. And he had never seen a human before!

The Black haired, baby blue finned merboy raced to the shore. The Greek camp is there, he remembered. Swimming swiftly, he dodged the sharp rocks and fish. By now, he could feel the Sandy ground that was littered with broken shells scraping his stomach.

Smiling brightly, he continued, unaware of the danger ahead. Soon enough, his swimming became slower and harder to do. Yet he ventured on, determined to see a human. Then he stopped. His tail was still wigling furiously, but he was not moving. Trying with all of his might to move, clawing the shells beneath, he couldn't move.

There was a crowed formed around him, full of...humans. He could tell because of the paintings hung in the palace. But they were laughing. Laughing at him. Laughing at a helpless creature that was drowning in oxygen (inside joke there).

He closed his eyes and started to cry. To cry because here he was, dying, yet no one was helping. Then, suddenly, two hands grabbed him by the tail, the laughter stopping abruptly. He was dragged not into the horrifying camp, but to the water. Just enough for him to slowly swim away, but to low to be hidden.

He gasped in the fresh water, relief flooding him. He looked up at his savior, and was surprised. Standing in front of him was blonde girl and a brown satyer. They had helped him. He looked at them with joy and thanks, before swimming off, forgetting the hole event entirely.
________________________________

He found his way to the Roman camp, and this time was more cautious when nearing the shore. When he got to five feet deep water, he watched as three humans splashed each other. One was blonde with a cut in his lip, the other had dark brown/red hair and was female, and the last one was a black haired boy with different eyes.

He slowly approached them, fish following his lead. He was just a few inches from the blonde boy, but the water was so murky, he stayed hidden. Then...he jumped! The Blondie screamed a very high pitch scream, and the two others looked in their direction.

He smiled happily at them, laughing. He had his arm around blondies, leaning on him. "Hi! I'm Perseus, but you can call me Percy!"

The three smiled at Percy, laughing. "I'm Frank" "Reyna" "I'm jason. Sheesh, you really scared me" he laughed nervously. Percy smiled at them, then swam off, to the third camp.

He swam as fast as he could, but that still wasn't very much. He was twelve, waddya expect? On his way, he saw a boat. His father, Poseidon, had told him many times to stay away from boats, but after an eventful day, Percy was feeling to adventures for that. He turned toward's the boat. Then saw it. A huge net was coming straight at him.

The thing swept the floor, not stopping for anything. The fish, crustaceans, and trash all got sucked in. He swam away, trying to out run it, but...nothing can beat the currant. He got swept in, the trash covering his body. Then, the net was pulled up. Soon, it was out of the water. And on the huge boat. The huge boat that was filled with dead fish.

And he knew then, that he was next.