Chapter 17

Miss Flora's pov.

"My lady,one of the De Ley's servant messengers are here to deliver you an important message.Should I take the message on your behalf my lady,"said Kate.My most trusted and loyal servant.Better than her you cannot seem to find these days.

"Yes Kate you may do so please.Tell the gentleman that you will take it on behalf of me.Cause I am busy with a noble lady's latest wardrobe.Ask him what the message is about.Maybe it's urgent."

"I will see to it my lady.I am on my way,"said Kate and walks towards the door.

5 minutes has past.......

"My lady he says that lady Rina of the Grand De Ley's estate.Ask him to deliver you this message personally.She has invited you for tea tomorrow afternoon at three o'clock at the Grand Estate."

"There is an important matter she wants to discuss something you in private my lady.It's about miss Mia's upcoming birthday ball.The Duke Edward lord of the De Ley's Grand Estate.Wants to see you my lady immediately after the tea appointment with his wife.He cannot come to you today.To the clothing shop,cause he has other matters that he has to attend.That's all thier is my lady."

"Thank you Kate.Tell the messenger that I really appreciate his effort for bringing me the message.To me personally.Also don't forget to tell him that I will attend the tea appointment with lady Rina tomorrow afternoon."

"And as for Duke Edward my dear friend he must also tell him.That I will meet him tomorrow in his study.After my meeting with his wife."

"I think that would be all for now Kate.You may take the rest of the day off.I am sure your dear husband and children would appreciate me for that.You have worked hard today.And you need to rest.What better way to be surrounded by your husband and dear children."

"Thank you my lady you are so kind."

"That's nothing dear.We can finish the remaining dressestomorrow morning.I will let the noble lady know that her upcoming seasons wardrobe is done.By two weeks earlier than we planned.She would be very delighted to hear that.And that's all thanks to your help."

"Thank you my lady.That wasn't hard work for me at all.I love making dresses with you.You are indeed a good teacher and mentor."

"You learn fast.That's why.Would you let the lady know tomorrow.To send someone to collect her order."

"Yes my lady first thing after we are done with it tomorrow morning.I will deliver your message to the messenger right now.And I will leave right away my lady.If that is allright with you."

"Yes Kate.Send my regards to your husband and the two lovely children.Tell them Ant Flora would come visit very soon."

"I will do that my lady.Well goodbye my lady see you tomorrow morning."

"Good day Kate you too."

I wonder what lady is up to again.Why would she invited me for tea all of a sudden.She has never done it before why now.We are not even friends.For all I know is she can't stand the mere sight of me.She is hiding something.And I will find out what it is.It's no secret that she doesn't approve me and Edward's friendship.Truth is we are just childhood friends.Nothing more.

As the godmother of her youngest daughter.It's my duty to be informed about any decision that involves Mia in a bad way.Maybe it's because of the fact that I am part of Edward's and Mia's life.That she hates me that much.In a few  weeks time she would have a new title as Lady Jeremiah Claudia De Ley.Last when we talked about it.She didn't seem excited about her upcoming birthday.

I cannot blame her though.Her mother is forcing her to marry at such an young age.Not even her brother or sisters who is quite older than her was never force into anything they don't want to do.They just do as they please most of the time.I did promise Mia's late grandmother that I will look after her as my own daughter.And protect her as best I can against her mother's greed.

Me and Edward must come up with a plan to stop her at once.Before it is to late to do anything about it.I will never forgive myself if I didn't fulfill my promise.To Mia's late grandmother.She was good and kind to my all her life.She always treated me as one of her own.

She even encourage me to pursue my dream.And be a successful clothing designer.She even pay for my education herself.Even when her husband was totally against it.My late parents was part of her household as servants since I can remember.

But she allowed me to be friends with her only son.Even when it was something unheard of.To be friends with one of the servants children.

Edward sometimes come's to my clothing shop in search of company.Although we both know that he is escaping.The drama lady Rina likes to cause at the Estate.Mia also comes and visit's me often.Whenever she gets the chance to escape.

Without her mother noticing.Both father and daughter cannot take lady Rina's demands nor the pressure she is putting them into .Even through lady Rina wouldn't admit it.But she know that she cannot push her husband at a corner cause he can get really angry the day that he wants to be.Cannot blame them at all.I am just glad they didn't turned insane yet.

If I were them I would have be insane long ago.Of all that drama she likes to cause for boredom.If things doesn't go's her way.For a married women with four childrenher behaviour is this of a spoiled child.Not a lady worthy of her status and posture.And poor Edward and Mia suffers the most.Under her demanding wrath.Thier oldest and only son is overseas at a hunting lodge.With his eligible friends.A huge favourite of his mother.

Can do nothing wrong in her eyes.He is not half the man Edward is.Like's to play with women as if they are toys.Think way too must about himself than necessary.And like his mother also big spender.When it comes to money.The twins Jasmine and Amy are like lady Rina.Have the same manner at doing this.And that makes them her angels.Just like thier brother they can get away with everything.And they know how to take advantage of it.

Mia and her father is the total opposite.They are one and the same minds if I may put it like that.Both are gentle souls of thier own kind.All the qualities of Edward's late mother.They treat everyone the same.Whether the class or status may be.They also love to give back to the community.They like to work with less fortunate people.I cannot imagine Lady Rina would do the same.Or take Mia's position.