He's hiding something

I wake up. The scent of burning croissants cooking in the oven lingers across the room.
'Ezra' I think to myself. 'The worst cook imaginable'
I roll to my right to notice my failure of a chef is not beside me, and perhaps wanted to do something productive for a change. I smile to myself. He's the most dedicated guy I've known. I mean, with his book and all. I couldn't be prouder. And he's all mine, as much as I hating being that jealous girlfriend, I couldn't help it. I'm in love with him. What is there you can do to re-wire your heart and make yourself un-fall for your love?
I step into the kitchen, and sneak up behind Ezra, staring blankly at his strangely disordered creation.
I whisper into his ear 'hey', putting my hands on his shoulder and gazing at the scene.
'Oh hey. Look, I'm so sorry about this' he laughs. 'You know, I really need to take cooking lessons' he sighs, turning around and placing his arms around my waist.
'Or' I smile. 'I could always teach you, I mean I am pretty good at our pies'
'And I think that would be a great idea. Cooking lessons from the love of my life' he smirks.
I giggle embarrassingly, tucking my face into his jumper.
'Aria', his eyes meeting mine. 'I know this is corny, I mean, I'm corny and you know that'
I nod playfully, wrapping my arms around his neck.
'But I'm so lucky to even have a second to look at you every morning and know that I'm with the girl I've loved since high school. I mean, remember meeting at that pub? You had..long brown hair and this profound smile that just lit up the room. And I'll never forget that song they played. Our song'
'B-26' I smiled, reminiscing old memories of the two of us, young and ready to open up to love.
'Yeah, that one' he gazes into my eyes. 'The point is, I love you Aria Montgomery. Madly, truly..in love with you'
It feels like he's looking into my soul, and suddenly every nerve ending connected to it is freeing itself from its restraints, so that only my soul being is there.
'I love you too' I whisper, finding it hard to utter any words in the English dictionary.
Suddenly, the mood shifts as Ezra checks his watch and notices the time.
'Well crap, I'm late. Wow I really need to deserve extra credit for at least trying to cook'
'Hey don't worry about it, I'll clean it up'
'Ah if you wouldn't mind that'd be great, thank you'
As Ezra lays his phone on the table, a message pops up. But I can only pinch myself when I notice it's from a contact called 'A'. No, surely it can't be. I mean, maybe it's just an Alex, or an Alexa. What would A want with Ezra, I know that A is still around but they're pretty much out of the picture.
My face must've been very blatantly obvious of the message I was seeing, as Ezra frantically takes the phone into his pocket.
'Sorry, who was that?' I try to hide the underlying worry, fake smiling.
'Oh, just a friend. Alfie'
I nod for a second as it makes sense, but then I realise Alfie's already a contact, listed as just 'Alfie', not 'A'.
'But Ezra, Alfie isn't called A, I've seen your contacts before' I insist.
He gulps silently, then wonders into the distance for a second, as if his thought process is kicking in.
'Yeah, there are 2 Alfie's. He's new at work'
I raise an eyebrow at him, half playful, half serious. I don't want to appear like an obsessive girlfriend stalker, but whatever's going on, I can tell something is up. I know Ezra so well, sometimes I don't know if I know him too well.
'Can i see who this Alfie guy is?' I subtly ask. 'He sounds nice'
'No' he remarks, louder and more serious than before.
I turn my head towards the ground, an automatic response I do when I feel like someone has more control over me than I do myself. Even with my friends, especially Spencer who knows everything.
'Aria, I'm sorry. I don't want to come across as aggressive' he says, slowly beckoning me in for a hug, and I can't resist.
With his chin on my head, he says 'It's better this way'.
I don't think I can look at him the same I did this morning, as I know now, that he's hiding something.