Prologue: Jeff's Accident

My alarm goes off & I quickly shut it off. It's 5:30 AM. It's Saturday. I hate the weekends. I get up & cook breakfast, I wake up my little sister at 7. She starts to whine but i quickly quiet her.
"Come on Blondie Bear, time for breakfast" I say gently.
"Ughhh" She groans.
"Ugh this, ugh that come on small thing" I say laughing.
"I'M NOT SMALL!!" She screams
Good God I pray she didn't wake up our father.
"C'mon up & attem. I mean it. See you in the kitchen in 5 minutes" I say sternly.
"Whatever" She mutters getting up.
I walk to the kitchen to see our father eating some bacon. Fuck, I think to myself.
"Morning dad" I say loudly enough for Jess to hear, hoping she'd take the hint & go into the room with mom.
She didn't.
Jessica came in to the run down, green walled kitchen as boldly as ever wearing her pajamas, pink fuzzy short shorts & a white spaghetti strap tank top. She grabbed a piece of bacon & sat down. She didn't say a word.
"Who the hell do you think you are?! You think you can just walk in here not even say dressed like a slut?!? How dare you!" Our father yells. I hear my mother singing a light deliriously beautiful tune in the background. She's probably in the hallway.
"Dad stop. She's 12. The word slut has no meaning to her. It's just clothing." I say this calmly trying not enrage him. Our father is like a ticking time bomb & I was already too late. Our father the ticking time bomb was already detonated.
"IT AIN'T JUST CLOTHING!!" He shouts. "You know what?" He says all too calmly. "she needs to learn what happens to sluts" he says removing his belt.
"NO!!" I scream, "JESS RUN" I yell as I grab my father only to be thrown into a wall. Jess just stands there frozen in fear. Our dad starts throwing me around & eventually I can't even see straight. He throws me to the floor my vision is getting blurry. My mother is still in the hallway. I hear her singing faintly but loudly. Loud enough to cover the ear shrilling scream my baby sister let out. The last thing I see before blacking out is those pink fuzzy shorts falling to the floor...