Chapter Two

Chapter 2

The First Week, The First Party

The first week has already gone by, and Jules has the biggest on Cole, Alex has a crush on Nate's friend CJ, and Nate is just focused on Football, then there's me. I'm excited because tonight is Nate's first football game, and he's the quarterback just like last year. All the cheerleaders love him, and first, I cannot stand the stupid blonds to save me life, second, I love football games and there is always a huge party afterwards, so I'm really looking forward to that, third, just the sound of the roar, the loud marching band, and it's just the best part of high school.

"Um hello? You awake their Hope" Alex says on our way in from the parking lot

"I'm just really excited for tonight's game, the party afterwards, it's been an already crazy week, and it'll be great just to spend time with Nate, and I know for a fact that CJ will be there Alex"

"Wait really? I mean I guess that'll be cool, he's okay, and tall. Do you guys notice how tall he is, and dreamy, and amazing hair" she replies and then touches her face to find she is completely blushed out.

'Aw, someone's a little blushed out" Jules snickers

"Oh yeah, well I also noticed someone getting blushed out in 1st and 3rd and 6th Jules, I wonder who that would be"? She snaps back

Jules starts to blush, but before I can respond I'm pulled into a huge crowd by my now certifiable crazy boyfriend, with everyone cheering around the football game.

"NOW LISTEN HERE SOUTHSIDE HIGH, WE ARE GOING TO BEAT THOSE PANTHERS TONIGHT AT OUR FIRST FOOTBALL GAMES. LET'S HEAR SOME NOISE FOR OUR SOUTHSIDE TIGERS"! The football coach screams, as the football players scream all around me and Nate lifts me off the ground and kisses me right in front of everyone, and all I feel is like I'm spinning.

The bell rings and he walks me to class as the other football players and we stop in front of the door, and I couldn't help myself but say something.

"Hey, we are still going to the party together afterwards, it's our tradition after every football game",

"Yes of course, I wouldn't forget about us, do you want me to ride with you, or can I just go with the guys? Because we are going to end up at the same place at the same time"?

"Oh, I mean, yeah I guess you can just arrive with the team because we might stay completely through the 4th quarter, because we want"

"What do you mean you aren't staying through the whole game"? he interrupts

"Well I just thought since it's the first game, we could leave early to get ready for the party so we aren't late this time"

"Yeah babe, it is our first game, and you are my lucky charm. Your seriously just going to leave after the third quarter, in the most important part of the game"?

"Nate, why are you getting so mad? I love you to death but it's one game that I would be leaving early, and I know it's important to you",

"Yes, it's very important to me Hope, and I thought you would understand"

"I do understand Nate, but it's twelve minutes, and you really want me to be late to one of the biggest parties of the year"?

"I don't care, you do you Hope"

"Nate, c'mon, don't leave us like this, I don't want us to fight" I say, as he starts to walk away,

"I'll see you later Hope. Love you" he says as he walks away.

Really? He gets mad over that! I haven't seen him in days, except during classes, and I didn't see him all through August because of football. He gets mad over this. Whatever.