Scared, Uncertain, and Unsure

He gazed at his reflection, peering back at him in the mirror as if he was having a staring contest with himself, except he wasn't sure he was actually looking at himself though. 

He often felt as though he wasn't in the right body. As if the one he was in wasn't rightfully his use.

It was hard for him to explain. 

Sometimes he was scared. 

He didn't truly know what he was. Was he a boy? Was he a girl? Was he nothing? Was he both? He didn't know. And that scared him. 

Or should I say them instead?

They knew it was normal to not know, at least at their age it was. But regardless of that and how 'normal' it was, they were still scared. 

They weren't sure why they were so scared. Maybe because they simply wanted to fit in with everyone else. Or maybe because they were worried about others would react when they found out they liked to wear dresses and skirts and just girl clothes in general. They're pretty sure it was all of the above that scared him

They had so many questions and no one to ask for answers. No one who could give them the answers they needed to all of their innumerable questions, or at least, any of their questions overall.

They had plates filled with questions and glasses filled to the rim with uncertainty and they were hungry for answers and thirsty for some kind of solution. Though, no answers were given and no solution was found, and it seemed as though there wouldn't be any time soon. no matter how much they hungered and thirsted for them the chance of any coming to fulfill their hunger, their thirst, their craving, looked severely bleak.