Percy

He stood there watching as waves lapped over each other. Percy thought about the look that Reyna gave him before she left to the training field. 

That glance, it gave him the chills. He didn't know why. Was it the jealousy in her eyes? Or maybe it was a spark of hope? Percy knew that Reyna had once been told that she would never find love, maybe she had gotten jealous. Or, perhaps she had found hope, even though Poseidon and Athena were fighting, Percy and Annabeth were still together. The fact that they didn't care about what their parents said, it never mattered to them, the only thing that mattered was that all of them were still together.

He didn't know what Annabeth had been so angry about, but whatever it was, he didn't want to know. He would rather stay on her good side from now on.

He felt a tap on his shoulder.

"What was that all about?" She sat next to him.

"What was what all about?" Percy tried to hide his expression.

"You and Annabeth." She replied.

"It's nothing Calypso." Percy stared at her as she watched intently.

"Don't tell me that you guys are having a fight." She joked slightly.

"Well....." His voice went up an octave.

Calypso stared wide-eyed as Percy put a hand up to his head and scratched it. From what Percy knew, everyone at camp thought of him and Annabeth as the perfect couple. Any of the science geeks would say Opposites do attract. Others would say. A miracle, complete opposites, but his friends would never say such things, most of them knew exactly what it was like. Percy felt like hiding from Calypso, he didn't want her to watch him like this.

"Why Percy?" She finally asked.

Percy set his hand down and thought of the best way to answer. "Because, Calypso, no relationship is perfect perfection."

"Yours is." She said quietly.

A wave lapped over their feet, there was another tap on Percy's shoulder. 

"Hey, how's it been?" A gruff voice asked them.

"Oh, it's fine, just fine," Percy said.

"Percy, don't ya lie, your coach doesn't wanna take lies from you." His voice softened a little.

"Yes Coach Hedge, I'm fine though," Percy replied.

Percy watched as Calypso twirled her braid, and watched the waves. He remembered the time he had gotten stuck on her island, it had creeped him out at first, but now he was great friends with his caretaker. He thought of when Leo had supposedly "died" and found Calypso again, which wasn't possible, as Calypso would've said back then. Leo had done the impossible and was even able to bring her back to the outside world.

Beside him, Coach stood waiting for a true answer. Percy just stared and decided to finally talk.

"Another war Coach, another." He finally said.

Coach sat down beside Percy and looked at the grass, he picked at a few pieces. He seemed to be lost in thought.

"War over what?" He said quietly.

"Athena and Poseidon, that's what Annabeth says, but that's all she'll say." Percy sighed.

~*~

They had been chatting for awhile, Percy hadn't even realized that it was sunset already. Coach and Calypso had tried to ask Percy for more information, but he just wouldn't give them any. He couldn't, he didn't have any.

"Baaaaa." Came from behind them.

Coach immediately turned around. "Come here, Chuck!" He waved him over.

The little boy galloped to his dad, he sat in his lap and looked at Calypso and Percy. He pointed at them. "Who that?"

"That is Percy and Calypso, must I remind you every time my boy?" Coach ruffled Chuck's hair.

Chuck smiled. "Where's mom?"

"You know where she is." Coach replied as he patted his back.

"I know, I know, in LA," Chuck replied.

"Hey, why did you come back?" Percy intruded.

"Missed home." Coach grumbled. 

Percy knew that the Coach was a tough guy, he didn't like to be a softie, but often, you would find him like that. Percy knew not to push anything, Coach was rough, but he was one of the kindest coaches you'd ever find.

Chuck stood up and stood in the waves he smiled as he turned around to face Coach. Percy watched, but something just didn't seem right. He looked at the water, it was different. It was eery.

"NO!" Coach yelled.

Percy was so lost in thought about the water, that he didn't see anything. He looked up and saw Calypso trying to hold Coach back as he was running to the water, his arm stretched out. Percy turned his head to the water. Chuck had been there a moment ago, now where had he gone?