New Friends

Akyrah
The new girl kept eye contact with me the entire time she walked my way. When she reached the seat next to me she started to speak.

" Can I sit here?" the mystery girl asked.

"Uhh y-yeah sure." I stuttered. I mentally face palmed myself. I'm a fuck up.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"It's Akyrah, yours?" I asked

"Its Dani, but call me Shake." she almost demanded me.

"Okay, cool." I said, still nervous about the fact that she was talking to me.

"Hey, I don't really know my way around here. So can you help me out?" Shake asked

"Yeah. Let me see your schedule."

She pulled a folded piece of paper out her pocket and handed it to me. When I went to grab it, her hand touched mine and my heart skipped a beat.

"Um, we have all the same electives, so just follow me around. For all your other classes, I'll just give you directions." I told her.

"Aight, cool." she nonchalantly stated. Then she turned to face the professor like I don't exist.

Shake
I followed Akyrah out of the class. To be honest she's cute. Earlier when our hands touched, I felt something in my stomach. Weird. I never get that feeling.

"So where you from?" she asked

"The Bay"

"Nice. Why'd you move?"

"My mom got offered a better position out here." I rolled my eyes

"Do you like it here so far?"

"What's with all the questions ma?"

"I-I'm just tryna get to know you better i guess." she stuttered

"There's plenty of time to get to know me. I mean we can be friends. If you want of course."

"Uh yeah. That's cool with me." she said looking down at her shoes

"Good. So where's our next class?"

"Now we have some free time before our next class.  My friends and I spend it in the library. You're free to join us." I accepted the offer, then we walked downstairs to the library. We sat at a table all the way in the back.

"My friends should be here soon. I think you'll really like them." she told me with a smile

About two minutes later, three girls walked in and came over to us.

"Wassup Kyrah? Who's this?" asked the one with glasses

"Guys, this is Shake. Shake this is Timma, Taylor, & Jae." she introduced me.

They responded one after the other,
"Hey",
"Wassup",
"Hi"

"Sup." I gave them a head nod.

"Bro, how are you with my friends already!?" I heard Pri exclaim as she walked towards us from the entrance.

I rolled my eyes at her, "You went ghost on me all morning. Kyrah offered to show me around. And I didn't know they were your friends." she dapped me up

"Sorry. I had to handle some business." she replied

"Wait you know each other?" Kyrah asked confused

"Yeah this is my cousin." Pri told them

"Yeah, unfortunately for me." I said making Pri straight face me.

"Where'd you go?" Jae asked Pri, seeming interested.

"Nowhere special." she said. Jae hummed in response not buying her answer. Pri held her gaze on the girl a while longer, making me wonder about them.

We then engaged in a general conversation so they could learn more about me.

"What's your talent?" Taylor asked me

"I rap."
—-

I became better friends with all of them over the last few days. They've been growing on me. Now it's Friday, and we're all sitting in the cafe. I guess Timma zoned out, so we started questioning her.

" Yo, you good?" Jae asked her

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine." she said, then started playing with her food.

" Why do you look like you've been crying?" Taylor asked concerned

"Uhh, I have to use the bathroom." she said then walked away from the table.

Taylor soon followed,"I'll go check on her."

Taylor
I walk into the bathroom and lock the door behind me. Timma looked up at me with tears in her eyes. I can't stand to see her cry. It breaks my heart.

"What's wrong babygirl?" I asked her

" It doesn't matter ." she said looking down

" If it's got you upset it does matter." I told her holding her chin up

"I can't tell you." she pouted

"Why not? I'm your best friend"

"Taylor why are you here? I'm okay" she looked up at me

"Listen i'm just worried about you. You seem like you've been depressed these past few days." She doesn't know how much I truly care for her.

"Fine. You want to know what's wrong?"

I nodded my head

"I- I can't tell you." she sighed "At least not yet."

"Alright. I'll give you space. You just have to promise you'll tell me the second you're ready to talk. Okay?"

"I promise." she smiled warmly at me.

God knows what that smile does to me. If only she knew.

We both walked out and made our way back to our friends.We didn't speak on the way back. Just comfortable silence.

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

What do you think?

Vote and comment💕