Totally Fabulous 2

As of 10/07/2012: This is an edited version, but since I did it myself, I don't promise it'll be perfect. Just vote, comment and let me konw what you think. also, please let me know if you see any mistakes. Thanks.

annie

Chapter Two

Leslie Dawson stepped into her living room to find it looking as though World War III had just happened there. The only difference was that instead of missile bombs, leftover food was the only visible ammunition.

It didn’t even occur to her to be scared, because in reality, there was no real danger in Oakridge.

She dropped her bag to the floor and became frantic, worrying about the identity of the person who would dare host a party in an empty house. She took in the level of damage and lifted her face in frustration, and then caught sight of a figure flopped carelessly on the only good sofa in front of the television, watching what sounded like a soap opera. There was only one person in her house who ever watched soap operas and he was far away at college. And the only way he could be there in her living room was if he was back.

“Elton?” she asked uncertainly. The figure moved his head a bit and muted the TV. He waved his hand above his head.

“Elton!” Leslie shouted, a bit more certainly. “You are home?!”

Her brother stood up and raised his hands in a gesture of surrender. “I think so,” he said, smiling.

“Oh my God,” Leslie breathed before rushing towards him. Elton realised what was happening in time to catch his sister in a big hug. “I missed you so much,” she said.

Elton nodded, laughing, “I left home three weeks ago.”

“Doesn’t matter,” she said, looking up into his face and smiling. A few seconds later it dawned on her that her brother should be at school, and not there at home.

She withdrew from his embrace and narrowed her gaze suspiciously, “Why are you home?”

“I missed you,” he said, shrugging.

“Really?” she asked, knowing he wasn’t telling the truth.

“Okay, there was a series of tests last week so classes were suspended for a few days. You gotta love UNC.”

That was probably why people couldn’t wait to go to college; they gave their students days off after tests. It was an understandable excuse, but looking closely at her brother, she had a feeling he wasn’t being entirely truthful. Since he had no reason to lie, she let it go.

“When did you get here?” she asked instead, and Elton looked immediately relieved.

“I got in yesterday afternoon. I had practice Saturday morning.”

“And still you had the time to plan a party for Sunday night, but you didn’t have the time to call me, your lovely sister.”

“And risk playing host to a hoard of unrelenting teenage girls with raging hormones? Thanks, I’ll pass.”

“Cocky much?”

Elton smiled crookedly, “You know how it goes. Anyway, I didn’t really plan a party. It just happened that I got home and there was nobody there. It then started to get all boring so I had a few friends over for pizza and coke.”

“Coke?” Leslie asked, raising her eyebrows.

“Oh,” Elton laughed, “the good kind of coke, you know, liquid, sort of blackish in colour.”

Leslie reached down and picked up a discarded can of beer, “This doesn’t look like coke.”

“I didn’t take that,” he started to defend himself and reached for the can before thinking better of it. He crossed his arms insolently, “Do you have a problem with that?”