"A Year And A Bit Later"

Holy shit guys I'm so sorry I completely forgot about this book😂😂

Wow did I sleep that long,it feels like ages since Demi had the baby. I walked into the kitchen to the sight of baby toys scattered everywhere. I chuckled a little when i saw Demi asleep at the kitchen table. 'Poor thing' I thought, I gently closed her laptop screen and turned off the tv. I walked downstairs into Lily's bedroom and found her snuggled up in her crib with her 'batman' teddy. She's loved that teddy since the day I got it for her on her first birthday. Lily is officially 1 and a week old. I cant believe it's really been that long since she was born. When Demi told me she was pregnant she was already 3 months along, I can't believe I didn't notice. And that would've explained the lack of food in our house. I woke Lily up and brought her downstairs. Demi woke up about a minute after I had finished feeding Lily porridge and pear.

"Morning Mom, you fell asleep with the tv on so I thought I would leave you there. What were you doing down here so late?!"

"It's fine honey I just had some paperwork, thank you for getting Lily up and dressed." She looked horrible, but I guess she just woke up.

"Ok whatever you say, oh, I fed her aswell, I was thinking we could go to the library in a bit."

"Sure, I'll come to, just let me, you know, get ready."

I trudged upstairs to my room and had a shower. The feeling of hot water on my skin is amazing when it's 3 degrees outside. I guess that's what you get when you live up in the mountains. When I got out I had to race to my cupboard so I didn't freeze to death, or atleast get frostbite. I chucked on some denim jeggings and a plain long sleeved t'shirt. I grabbed my jacket from the back of my door and went downstairs. Lily was sitting on the floor with porridge in her hair and all over her new outfit. 'Great' I thought, now I'm on sister duty.

"Well let's get you cleaned up, again" I picked her up and started to walk towards the bathroom when I heard the front door open. I turned around and saw Claire standing there with a grin on her face.

"OMG CLAIRE! How dare you leave my like that, I thought you moved back to Australia with Caitlyn and her family!" I cant breathe, she's actually here.

"I had to come back, I missed you too much," she was crying, actually we both were. I'm pretty sure Lily had no idea what was going on. I had so much to tell her.

"Who's this," she cooed at Lily.

"Oh right you don't know about Lily, she's Demi's child."

"What, that's impossible, who-"

"Wilmer,"

"But I thought th-"

"Marie, honey what's going on," Demi called from the top of my bedroom stairs.

Claire is here, Demi and I have a good relationship. My life might actually be turning around.