A bullet for two of us.

Almost 2 hours had passed by since Thomas decided to go meet the Rat Man in WICKED’S property. With his head leaning against the glass and looking at the devastated streets. There was lots of garbage everywhere, abandoned cars, pol lights flashing and more and more garbage. Suddenly something just hit the car where Thomas was traveling. Thomas fell to the ground of the car, stand up and looked back. There was a Crank. A red haired woman with dirty teeth just like her clothes and skin. He looked forward and saw Lawrence and Pilot getting back in their sits, they we’re lucky to have the belt on 2 hours ago –Thomas though- something that him hadn’t done.  He looked at his side and saw a blonde blurry slowly passing by. It was walking to the other side of the car. Thomas rubbed his eyes and blinked more than once so then he realized. That blonde blurry was his friend, his friend from the Glade. Newt. Thomas was about to open the car door when Lawrence stopped him.

“Where do you think you’re going kid?” He said looking back at Thomas eyes.

“I think I…” Thomas didn’t know for sure how to say that he saw Newt, a Crank, out there. “I saw one of my friends out there, I need to go after him.” Thomas said it louder.

“No kid, you’re not going anywhere” Lawrence hold Thomas arm as he touch the door handle.

“Get of me, get of me. I need to go after my friend! I need help him, I need to help Newt.” Thomas said, screaming and trying to get out of Lawrence hands.

Lawrence hold Thomas even harder, and then Thomas remembered what he had in his pocket. Quickly , with his another hand, Thomas toke the gun of his pocket and pointed to Lawrence head without a second thought .

“Or you let me go now, or I’ll pull the trigger and this bullet is going to explode your shucking head out.” Thomas said without even blinking, his hand was holding tight the gun and his finger was already in the trigger.

Lawrence didn’t said anything for minutes, but he kept holding Thomas’ arm. The Pilot on his side placed her hand on Lawrence shoulder, so then Lawrence dropped Thomas’ arm and let him go.

Thomas opened the door and run to Newt, he didn’t even thought about the other Cranks that was around, he was only thinking about Newt. Only Newt. He thought about everything that both of them had been trough in the Maze and then in the Scorch. All of the crap that happened in their lives at least  served to a good thing. They became friends after all.

Thomas finally got closer to Newt, but it seems that him didn’t realized that Thomas was right behind him. Thomas placed his hands on Newt shoulder and turned him to look at his eyes. Thomas was shocked when he saw what Newt was alike, his blonde hair that always was clean now it has so dirty and messy. His skin was also dirty….and his eyes….his eyes was so different.

Thomas couldn’t see the hope when he looked at Newt as he used to see back in the Maze. Now, his eyes was starting to get red, dark circles under it. Thomas didn’t recognize Newt anymore.

“Newt! It’s me, Thomas. Did you remember me?” Thomas said, smiling at Newt. Since the Rat Man told the Gladers that just a few of them was immune to the Flare and that Newt wasn’t one of them, Thomas never stopped to have hope that one day they would find the cure for Newt. But look at Newt again…..must be to late for the cure.

“Thomas? Thomas how did….how did you find me?” Newt walking closer to Thomas, but as soon as he saw what he was doing he stepped back and his facial expression completely changed. “Go away from me, Thomas! I asked you to leave me alone! Leave me alone and go away. Please Tommy, go away, please.” Newt said with a weepy voice.

Thomas didn’t know what to do, he wanted Newt to come, he was only there to help. He wanted to tell him that we was going back to WICKED to help on the process for the Cure, but Newt started to yell at  him.

“I hate you, Tommy!” He was just a few steps from Thomas. Thomas stepped back a little.

“I hate you. I hate you so much! After all that we been through in the shucking Maze you couldn’t do the only thing I ask you for?”

Thomas stepped back a little more.

“Newt, please, you need to calm down. Please, Newt calm down. Get in the car, let me tie you up, give me a chance to save you.” He just couldn’t kill his friend.

Newt screamed something that Thomas couldn’t understand and then threw himself on him. Both of them fell of to the ground. Newt was on the top of Thomas, looking at his eyes when he talked again but this time with some kind of fury in his voice.

“I should take your eyes out, Tommy.” Newt said spitting on Thomas face and at the same time touching near to Thomas eyes.

“Please, Newt stop. I can help you. We can get the cure and use it to save you. You’re going to go back to normal , go back to be my friend.” While Thomas was speaking he was also trying to get off Newt’s hands, but he was so strong and his hands was already hurting Thomas.

“I don’t believe this Klunk, I don’t believe in anything. You’re right, only you can save me Tommy, so let’s go, do it. Kill me, do what I ask you to on that note. Pull a bullet through my head now! Kill me, Tommy. Kill me now! I don’t want to be a Crank” New was shaking, his pupil started to get dilated and the rest of the eyes even more red.

“I….Newt, I can’t do this. I just can’t do this because……because I…”  Thomas didn’t know how to even said that to him. Since Thomas “lost” Newt to the Flare he was thinking about him in another ways that he never thought about.

“I know why you cant. You can’t because you’re a shuck face, that’s what you are Tommy.” Newt said smiling like the other Cranks.

“I can’t kill you because I…. I can’t kill you because I love you. I love you Newt! I love you so much that I’m not capable of it. I’m not strong enough. I can’t be strong if you’re not here, I don’t care about Teresa, I don’t care about Brenda. I never trusted them the same way I trust you. I love you Newt. You can’t leave me. Don’t you leave me.

For a moment, after the things that Thomas said, all of the things that he wanted to say when they were still in the Maze, he saw Newt’s eyes again. All the red that was around his eyes was gone. Simply gone.

“Tommy, I love you too. I think I always have. But I didn’t wat to hurt you and now we can’t be together, I am a Crank, a bloody Crank.” Newt said letting some tears fall down.

Thomas pushed Newt ‘s face to him and then they kissed, with all his love. With all his angry and passion. He wanted this moment to last forever but Newt was right, they couldn’t be together. Newt was a Crank, both of them knew that couldn’t trust WICKED and the cure. Still kissing Newt’s lips, with all his strength there was left, Thomas lead his hand to his pocket and took the gun. He pullet the gun in his head.

“I’ll never forget you.”

And with his heart falling into a black abyss,

Thomas pulled the trigger.