I2I The Night time Visitor

Hurried footsteps raced across the forest floor, the crunch of leaves coming to a halt as the trees cleared away to reveal a small cottage. The stranger titled his head back, sniffing at the air.
So close, yet not a trace. He thought, his yellow eyes scrunched up in confusion behind thick red bangs. He continued his sprint, footsteps light as a feather and soundless now, stopping only when he was right outside the house.

How do I get in? He wondered. His gaze travelled across the brick walls, spotting a thick growth of bougainvillea around one side of the house, next to an open window. Without wasting a second he clambered up, gripping the thicker, sturdier branches and carefully avoiding the thorns. He moved up effortlessly, slipping through the window after a few minutes.

That was easy. He thought, pleased with his smooth entry. He looked around, finding himself in a bedroom. It was an odd little place, strange apparatus and objects hanging from overhead, jars of ugly grey and brown blobs bobbing on the shelves. Books lay strewn everywhere, old and dusty tomes and scraps of papers hiding much of the floor. Ducking to avoid an overhanging mask with the snarling face of a beast, he inched closer to the bed and looked down, drawing back at once with a scowl when he saw an old lady lying under the covers. She gave a tremendous snore and he shook his head, turning to leave.

That's not her. He thought, shutting the door behind him quietly and looking up the hallway. There was another door to his left and one further on. With a shrug, he tried the one nearest to him, glad that it was unlocked.

He poked his head in and gave the room a quick once over. It was simply decorated, with book cases and a desk near the window laden with papers and heavy books. A red hoodie was draped over the chair near the desk, and pair of sneakers unceremoniously discarded by the bed. It looked like a room belonging to a teenager, although it was surprisingly neat. His suspicions were confirmed when a low moan came from within the room, followed by the slightest of movements from the covers.

Making sure the door was shut properly behind him he stalked towards the bed, looking down curiously at the raven haired girl fast asleep with the covers pulled around her. Her glasses and phone were on the table next to her bed. He recognized the girl immediately.

That's her. He told himself, heart racing with excitement.He leaned closer, sniffing at the air. Nothing, not a trace. He noted in a bewildered manner. That's weird.

She tossed over, lying on her back with a frown on her face. "Get those monkeys off my field. I have a football game with the zebras. And no, the cheer leading hippo cannot stand in for my goalie..." She muttered, sounding irritated.
He chuckled at this. She's cute. He thought, strands of red falling over his face as he leaned closer. But why does she have no scent on her? I smelt it earlier and it made me go insane. Why can't I smell it now?

His face hovered over hers as she murmured something incoherent. There was a pause and her eyelids flickered open. She blinked in confusion at the red blob before her.

"Damn it, where are my glasses?" She wondered out loud, reaching over to her bedside, slipping the glasses on. She blinked again as her vision became focused and froze when she saw the figure leaning over her.

"Hey." He smirked flirtatiously.

The next second he was sent flailing backwards as the girl drove her heel into his stomach. Reeling with surprise, he managed to get back to his feet, staring at her in shock. "What the hell was that for?" He demanded. But the girl jumped off her bed, grabbing a bat conveniently placed against her bed side. She glared and rushed at him; swing the bat around and aiming for his head.Fortunately for him, he stopped the blow in time.