~ Chapter Twenty-Four ~

Chapter Twenty-Four ~ The Beach, Answers & Multiple Kisses

The girls run off quickly and I start to get self conscious. I slowly take off my shorts and my top that I have on before making my way over. I see them having fun but goosebumps rise up my skin as I notice Asher's eyes on me. A small smile on my lips and I make it to the sea. My toes go in and I realise it's not as warm as it looks.

"I've changed my mind" I say, "it's colder then it looks" I say and step back. The gang looks at me and laugh.

"Scaredy cat!" Thomas laughs, did he just call me a scaredy cat? Has he seen me in action! Come on Tate! Kick his ass! "Tate do make meow sounds and purr" he laughs, the others are also laughing which makes me want to rush in their a jump on him.

"Thomas your dead!" I shout and forget about the temperature as I run through the waves and I feel myself getting deeper. Thomas's eyes widen as I splash through the waves.

To me it feels like I'm in some action movie. Lights; camera; action! The video in slow motion as Tate Pierce runs through the wet lapis sea. Thomas Jones looking worried for himself and starts to run but the waves keep him still. She goes into the kill and...

BAM!!!

"Don't you call me a scaredy cat Thomas Jones because I'm in the water!" I shout, jumping on him, the two of us going under water now and then. I let him go and slash him more.

Thomas stands there and holds his hands up in surrender, "I promise my hero, my queen, my whatever" he begs and I laugh at him.

"Thank you Thomas" I laugh and hug him, "now who's up for a splash wars!?" I shout and splash everyone, the sea not bothering us.

With my hair soaked along with everyone else's I decide I'm getting out. Feeling a small chill of coldness I walk back to get my towel. I wrap myself up and stand there watching the others play. A small smile creeping up on my face as I watch the scene. Jen jumping on Asher and him trying to get her off. Letting my loose thoughts come in and I think a walk is a good idea.

Drying and brushing the sand of my skin I place my shorts and top back on. My sandals on my feet once again, placing my phone in my pocket I walk to the others.

"Hey! I'm going to explore and look round" I shout at them and Asher notices. "I'll be back shortly" I send him a smile and he rushes out the water.

"I'll come with you" he sends me a smile and I nod my head accordingly, it's like I'm under some spell.

"Ok" is my only answer. I follow him towards our stuff once again, he does the same as me with drying and brushing sand off. My eyes constantly staring at his bare chest and back, watching the muscles reflex with his tan skin. But quickly diverting them when he turns to look.

His clothes are now on along with his shoes, I grab the bag and slid it over my shoulder. Towels are back in as we might stay out for awhile, we were in the water for longer then I thought.

Walking onto the wooden path, we head in the direction of the shops and cafes. It's silent between the two of us; the sound is surrounding us. Seagulls squawking and fighting over food, people shouting and laughing with the sound of waves crashing onto the shore. I spot a small seaside shop, the window full of classic beach gifts like sticks of rock or small necklaces. Walking in with Asher on my trail I look round.

"So why are we in here?" I finally hear him ask and my hand fiddles with a necklace with a silver A on it, outlined with small jewels. I also notice bracelets and wrist bands, my eyes land on a male bracelet with an T on, silver like the A but no jewels. "Tate?" I hear Asher again and I turn round smiling at him.