Chapter 30 Connor's P.o.v. and his his gift for Zendaya.

Connor’s pov.

I was standing in the jewellery shop looking at a diamond charm bracelet for Zendaya. Josh had told me to get her a bracelet because it was the first real present that i had got for her and it needed to be special. The shop assistant was doing a great job at showing me what to get exactly. Her mouth was carved into a sweet smile and she had been nice the whole time.  

“This one is $10,000.” She said handing the bracelet I had been eyeballing since I had walked into the shop. It had a heart charm and other charms that I did not care to notice because the heart was simply enchanting.

“$10, 000,” I said smiling. It was perfect because Zendaya deserved it and much more.   “I will take it.”

I watched her go into the backroom returning a few minutes later with a fancy velvet box. She opened it to reveal the beautiful charm bracelet before closing it. She handed it to me with a card reader which I used to make the payment. Clutching the bag that held the velvet box firmly, I thanked the shop assistant. If it had not been for her, I would have never come across the bracelet or even acknowledged it.

“No... no... thank you and come again.” She uttered beaming probably at my manners.

I walked out of the shop and was immediately hit by flashes. Paparazzi were everywhere and I wondered where they had come from. When I was out with Zendaya, I could hardly get from one spot to another but being bombarded by them when I was by myself was highly unlikely. It worried me and to tell you the truth I did not like it but I signed up to be an actor and I had to take everything that was thrown at me with a smiling face.

“Where you buying a ring for Zendaya?” one of them asked. I did not bother looking at them as I strolled down the road to my car. His question had me thinking. I now knew why there was so many of them following me to my car. They wanted to get the first scoop on a possible engagement between two teenagers. Josh had not been engaged for long and yet his face was on every magazine and talk shows could not stop asking him for interviews. I felt sorry for him.

“Aren’t you a little young Connor?” asked another tripping on something as he tried to get a shot of what I was holding. I just shrugged struggling to get through the crowd of paparazzi.

I did not think to ask Paul my body guard to come with me because this never happened when I was alone. Pissed and cursing under my breath, I finally got to my car and got in before knocking someone’s lights out. This is what my mother had warned me about. She hated it when I did not go everywhere with Paul and feared for my safety. I would have to reconsider having a body guard with me every time. I hated it but I had to deal with it.

Koretta’s pov.

I could not believe the phone call I had just got a few minutes ago and I did not know if I was to be happy or sad about the news.

I was still in my pjs having slept till noon because the babies where taking the life out of me when I got the call. I wonder what Josh would have to say about the news. I would have to call him and find out.