69

Prompt by: whimzy_bookie

Written by: maywardism

Police Edward x Gangster Maymay

-

The cold air of June blew along the wet streets somewhere in Manila. Apparently rain just stopped pouring at that moment. A girl and a boy were walking along the sidewalk, hands in pockets. They were just counting the time. They weren't even talking with each other.

It was supposed to be special day in a joyous way but since this time last year, they started to feel nothing special as days passed by.

They stopped in front of their house as he faced her.

"Happy 18th birthday, sister."

It was also the day she was feeling excited for, not because it was her birthday but for something else.

He handed her his gift and gave a peck on her cheeks. She scanned it carefully as she touched its tip. She stroke the .357 magnum revolver and was mesmerized by its shiny appearance. It's awesome and can shoot with great accuracy. She grinned as she thought of the fun they would have that night.

"It's time."

She ran inside their house and started fixing herself in quick. She put on her jeans, a thin strapped top, and a black hoodie. She tied her hair in messy bun and put her black lipstick on.

Shoving some mint gum and small knife in her pockets, she slipped on her sneakers and ran towards their black car where her brother was waiting.

---

He sipped on his coffee and held the newspaper he bought from a store along his way to station.

"Notorious gang hit Resorts World"

The headline in big and bold font made him sigh heavily.

The printed pictures taken on the exact time and place of the incident by some witnesses gave him the idea about who were the possible people behind this attack. Those black hoodies, masks, and recovered magnum revolvers - they looked very familiar to him. By then, he already had his speculated suspects. He's been handling their case for quite some time and unfortunately, he got no trace of their hideout and the profiles of its members. They were moving so neat and fucking organized that authorities couldn't even do anything to capture them.

Determination in him arouse as he continued checking the piles of records scattered on his table.

"Chief Officer Barber, we just got an info from SOCO telling that they already have a trace of them."

---

After driving for what seemed like forever, they settled in an abandoned building which she found scary at first sight. By then, it was slowly getting dark as the full moon took the sun's reign over.

"Sumunod ka lang sa'kin," her brother reprimanded.

They walked straight, passing along the thick walls of the said structure.

She hid her fidgeting hands in her pockets as she started to feel her body trembling.

"Nandito na kami."

And in just a glimpse, about ten to twenty people in black hoodies and masks were in front of them. Each was holding different kinds of gun. They were giving her a little too goosebumps right then and there with their scary yet cool aura.

Gangsters.

Her brother went closer to them as he started talking to them.

"Siya na ba?" the tallest guy asked.