Chapter One: The Mission

Cancún, Mexico

"Caliente" Steve repeated, bright blue eyes flickering to his best friend, despite the Beginners Guide to Spanish perched on his lap. Steve had sprawled out on one of the many teal patio chairs around the Las Alcobas hotel pool, his long muscled legs crossed as he watched Bucky in the glassy water.

Rolling to his side, he plopped the book on his bag, catching a faint whiff of the ocean. There was the distinct smell of salt water, mojito mix, and chlorine in the air. Despite being a mere twenty miles from the white sandy beaches, they had decided to play it safe and stay at the hotel, the colorful umbrellas surrounding the pool would provide decent cover if anything went array. Steve studied the towering hotels around him, their cream colored siding making them gleam in the mid-afternoon sun. Memories of cold mountain ranges with snipers wearing swastika bands flickered through his mind as the gleam reminded him of snowy peaks.

Bucky's laugh drew him away from the building's. It was warm, full, and sounded like home. Steve's eyes raked down Bucky's body.
Water ran in streams down his powerful muscles as he leaned into the pool's artificial waterfall. If anyone hadn't been staring at Bucky already, they were now; especially as one of the prettiest girls made her way over to Bucky. Hot possessive jealousy coursed through him and he forced himself to take sip of his drink. She was likely tourist. Natural silky blonde hair with a crimson bikini, topped off a body that said she was an athlete. Exactly his type.

She said something to Bucky, her matching red manicured fingers brushing his bicep and he smiled back.

Barnes looked mouthwatering good like this, slick chocolate-colored hair messily plastered to his forehead and his light grey eyes reflecting the cloudless summer sky and lush greenery. Those beautiful eyes were focused on the girl giggling next to him, her arm having made its way to his shoulder now. Steve forced himself to look away, intently studying his coke.

Glassy beads of perspiration ran down the cherry red can and onto the wood table. The water slowly grew at the bottom of the can, stretching until a single drop ran over the side.

His thoughts ebbed back to the topic of Bucky. Not only was he shirtless but Bucky was currently wearing trunks that were far too small for good society. Their unexpected departure had left him with no swimsuit and the hotel store had only had one size left and Bucky was wearing it.

They fit too well, clinging to his crotch area. The trunks left nearly nothing to the imagination and they showed off every inch of his beautiful body. The planes of his abs glistened and the sharp v that led into his trunks was downright illicit.
Steve glared petulantly as the pretty blonde leaned especially close, her chest unavoidably noticeable.

Steve's fingers curled into the hard spine of his book as he watched Bucky's eyes drift lower.

Steve reluctantly admitted to himself that it wouldn't really matter if Bucky had a little fun. They weren't even assigned a specific mission, just stationed at the hotel in case anything happened. The whole "mission" had been sold as a paid vacation. It was within Bucky's right to 'mess around.' Bucky deserved a little fun too, he told himself, after all he had been through and Steve immediately felt guilty.

So here they were. In Mexico, with every person in a fifty mile radius ogling at Bucky.

Steve sat up from the lawn chair, throwing his legs over the side and finally decided to take of his shirt. He pulled the clingy material over his head, folded it, and placed it in his bag beside him. Snatching the pack off the ground, he dug for the sunscreen. Right next to a bag of ammunition and a 6 inch knife, he found it. Slowly swiveling off the cap, he started to liberally apply it over his arms, moving up to his shoulders gradually. His strong fingers dug into his neck, trying to work out a knot.