Recovery

10 Months later....

Waking up in my bedroom at Boston, Massachusettus. The sun rays shining on my face, feeling the sensation of the heat. I look at the view: People laughing, cars going past, children playing and the beautiful sunrise sky. Man I missed this place.

I then began to contemplate on all that has transpired. After my injury, I was in hospital bedridden. My lower back disks were dislocated. I suffered severe lower back pain. In order to prevent the shifting of the disks, I was in a body cast for 9 and a half months. I also suffered minor injuries in the process which caused me to be in a body cast in the first place. 3 times a day I was in intense R&R, medication and a lot of rest. It was horrible.

Roman and Dean won their respective matches. Roman did try to see me but whenever he did I was always sleeping. Bayley, Dean, Renee and Seth saw me too but I could hardly  remember. Karma gave me a but can of ass whipping. I was sent back home to get further rest for 2 weeks. Today was my last day of recovery. I suffered a tragic defeat. If I go back, where do I even start? I still have so much to do and not just retaining my title but also apologise to Roman and Bayley and the WWE Universe. Before I could go more deep in thought, my mum enters my room.

"Hey Mercedes how are you feeling darling?"

I missed my mother. She always gave me hope. She was always there for me. She was with me throughout my training to become a wrestler.

"I'm good mamma. Just a little nervous thats all."

"Nervous for what? The hard part is over. You back is fully healed. Just have faith in God and everything will just fall into place."

"Thank you mamma."

We hugged for a long moment. I missed her hugs.

"How's my brother doing?" I asked.

"His doing fine, his gone to work."

"That's good. Tell him that I love him and that I will miss him."

My brother is autistic. I remembered always taking care of him. I'm so proud of the person that he has become. We did spend time together while I was at home. I'm going to miss him a lot.

"I will darling. Well you have a flight soon. You should get ready."

"Take care mum. I love you."

"I love you too darling."

We hugged tightly for the last time. She kissed my cheeks, hey eyes starry-eyed. I left.

Before I could leave, I went to my hometown gym. I just couldn't leave without training here. I remembered training hard to become a wrestler at that time. I missed the atmosphere.

As I entered, everyone welcomed me with opened arms. They wished me well and showed me their support. I was truly touched. The saying never forget where you came from is so applicable now.

As I went to the second floor, I see someone familiar which I've never seen in a while, making the punching bag like its bitch. As the person walked away from the punching bag I could see clearly. Oh my God it's Gabriella Shaw!

"Gabi?! Is that you?!"

"Girl yes it is!!" She cried